• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry. Lived in Greensboro for that one. Got a foot, felt happy about it, then realized my family in Wake and Chatham got 16. Man, what a storm.
I was in Greensboro then, too. I was 7 and a half at the time, so I remember it, but not like I would as an adult. I think we were out of school for at least a week, maybe two.

I'd love to see a list of Southern snow storms that verified after mid-long range models(5-10 days out) showed them happening. I'm sure the count is like 20 to 1 showing up and never happened. The grand daddy March 93 storm is notorious for being one that burned bright in all the long range models (to meteorologists' extreme skepticism) and actually came into being.

I'd love to see a list of Southern snow storms that verified after mid-long range models(5-10 days out) showed them happening. I'm sure the count is like 20 to 1 showing up and never happened. The grand daddy March 93 storm is notorious for being one that burned bright in all the long range models (to meteorologists' extreme skepticism) and actually came into being.
List:

Well, the Euro gets colder, but now the NC Piedmont gets next to no precip. Nothing is a given with this one, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back