• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken record, but venting is venting. We are in freaking January and being NW of a LP still yeilds rain. Yeah, these aint the 70s and 80s no more.

So we still on for the polar vortex of death at mid month, yes? Or did we fail that like this snowstorm?

Broken record, but venting is venting. We are in freaking January and being NW of a LP still yeilds rain. Yeah, these aint the 70s and 80s no more.
Yeah, at 120 hours the surface boundary layer just isn't cold enough. This won't work. everything must be perfect these days. Cold rain for most. I'm throwing in the towel. It's easy since I saw light snow on 12/24/2020. Looking for a chance to chase in the Chattanooga area.

You would need some dynamic cooling, lower dew points, a source of low level cold (wedge), but none of those are showing up. The dynamic cooling would create a warm nose over me (stronger low pressure), so I don't want that...it's just not going to work.

TBH, though, the mean surface low track for a major winter storm in the Triangle is quite a bit offshore, so this is far from an optimal track for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back