• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad the wedge somewhat comes in tomorrow! It's down right miserable weather for late October. But its a necessary evil I guess because we know if it was cold now it'd flip to warm for the start of winter and stay that way. Sad that 10 months of the year are above average and we have to time something just right to get a window in winter.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_scus_25.png
Looking at the 12z icon, if you take this frame where the heaviest precip in Oklahoma is, that is not just rain. That's major freezing rain with temps around 29-30 degrees. Icon doesnt show ice map just snow.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_scus_25.png
Looking at the 12z icon, if you take this frame where the heaviest precip in Oklahoma is, that is not just rain. That's major freezing rain with temps around 29-30 degrees. Icon doesnt show ice map just snow.
icon_T2m_scus_26.png

Glad the wedge somewhat comes in tomorrow! It's down right miserable weather for late October. But its a necessary evil I guess because we know if it was cold now it'd flip to warm for the start of winter and stay that way. Sad that 10 months of the year are above average and we have to time something just right to get a window in winter.
I'm starting to get grumpy with you. Despite a couple of nice early October fronts, this warm weather has worn out its welcome as far as I'm concerned. Not even sniffing a frost on the 16 day outlook.

I'm starting to get grumpy with you. Despite a couple of nice early October fronts, this warm weather has worn out its welcome as far as I'm concerned. Not even sniffing a frost on the 16 day outlook.
Seems you forgot that November cold hasn’t boded well for wintertime, this is actually a change this year, I think we switch cooler late November as ural blocking develops, and maybe that translates to some -NAO in late November/early December, feel like maybe with a AK low we may see transient periods of some +PNA in mid November, but the pattern looks ugly and zonal after next weeks system, maybe we can sneak a little ULL or something tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back