• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm serious. Why keep posting maps for the midwest when it's supposed to be a forum for the southeast? It just feels like trolling everyone else here that actually lives in the southeast.
He’s not trolling, dude just left the armpit of hell when it comes to snow and is excited to be living somewhere that gets lots of it. He just came off his first big snow and the excitement is still there. I promise you by the end of next winter he will be sick of it. The temps up there are much colder then what we just experienced for 2 days but pretty much for 3-4 months out of the year. Then another two months of temps that are comparable to the dead of winter in the southeast. I personally like his updates and don’t feel it’s trolling as I would if he was living there his whole life and posting maps and stuff. I would be rooting for any southeast posters on this board that move north and want to share with the board their experience up there.

I'm serious. Why keep posting maps for the midwest when it's supposed to be a forum for the southeast? It just feels like trolling everyone else here that actually lives in the southeast.
This is clearly a Carolina based forum(might as well be NCwx, lol)... even tough to get many Mississippi, Alabama and Tenn posters on here.. ;)

He’s not trolling, dude just left the armpit of hell when it comes to snow and is excited to be living somewhere that gets lots of it. He just came off his first big snow and the excitement is still there. I promise you by the end of next winter he will be sick of it. The temps up there are much colder then what we just experienced for 2 days but pretty much for 3-4 months out of the year. Then another two months of temps that are comparable to the dead of winter in the southeast. I personally like his updates and don’t feel it’s trolling as I would if he was living there his whole life and posting maps and stuff. I would be rooting for any southeast posters on this board that move north and want to share with the board their experience up there.
What he said. It's just to see someone with snow pictures and in their forecasts. It's not like we get to do it anymore

This is clearly a Carolina based forum(might as well be NCwx, lol)... even tough to get many Mississippi, Alabama and Tenn posters on here.. ;)

Wait are there any Mississippi posters on here? lMO it’s a Raleigh, Charlotte, GSP, Atlanta, and a Bham based forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virginia is in the southeast kid.
I don't consider Virginia to be the southeast. If Virginia is the southeast then so is Kentucky, and I dont consider Kentucky to be the southeast. I also don't consider Louisiana or Arkansas to be the southeast, they are more like the South Central.

Last edited:
Wait are there any Mississippi posters on here? lMO it’s a Raleigh, Charlotte, GSP, Atlanta, and a Bham based forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s a decent amount of Triad-based posters, too! I used to be one, but now I’m one of the myriad of Triangle posters!!

I don't consider Virginia to be the southeast. If Virginia is the southeast then so is Kentucky, and I dont consider Kentucky to be the southeast.
Except in the context of this forum Virginia is southeastern . Most people aren’t measuring latitudes and pinning exact midpoints . Most definitions include Virginia with the southern half of the US because we define our regions not only by geographical position but arguably more so historical ties and culture .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back