• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least game snow sets the mood more, right ? Better than bare ground
For sure and i think January will have a surprise or two for most on here. with the amount of blocking showing up that keeps our storms rolling thru just need temps to cooperate. Good ole banana High wud be nice.

Just taking a peek at the 15 day forecast for my area. I will be below freezing at 12 out of 15 nights. The 3 times I'm above freezing there's rain in the forecast. Every night below freezing it's dry as a bone. Got to love it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Honest question. Why are posts involving the COD models being taken out of other threads? I used to use tropical tidbits and was told COD was better so I switched. I'm confused

COD's GEFS maps are not very good. It uses a older GEFS model.
To be clear, it uses the same GEFS v12 as all the other model sites, however, for some reason, their team didn’t get the memo that there were 10 new members, (30 total), so that’s a fairly large caveat. Some sites have different methods/algorithm to plot the snow, for example Weathermodels includes sleet, which Weatherbell and COD do not. In this case COD is bad with Anafronts. However, in future events, I still highly recommend using COD since it’s free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back