• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certainly not anticipating a flizzard imby but tbh, if I can get a severe storm tomorrow and squeeze out a flurry or 2 on Christmas....for a weather geek it doesn't get much better than that.
Yeah, but it's going to be tough to find those pixie dust flurries Christmas Eve night after severe storms knock out power earlier in the day. Might have to pull out the flashlights!!!

Honest question. Why are posts involving the COD models being taken out of other threads? I used to use tropical tidbits and was told COD was better so I switched. I'm confused
They are wrong. Let's see if 2-3 inches of snow verifies in Macon. If I had known they were ran off the old gfs before they would have been not allowed before.

Edit-maybe they aren't ran off the old gfs?

I'll add about the COD maps, constantly posting them in the Christmas thread is going to do nothing but drive unrealistic expectations. It's will drive many to a let down since most people only see the model that gives them the prettiest color.

You mean i wasn't supposed to share the picture to my Facebook and Insta with links back to the thread?

I remember when the last week of December looked good for snow. Now its the 1st week of January. I'm not the smartest man, but I'm seeing a familiar pattern developing here. ?‍♂️
Happens every year. Patterns always look good past day 10. I still think someone probably South mid Atlantic will get one.

I remember when the last week of December looked good for snow. Now its the 1st week of January. I'm not the smartest man, but I'm seeing a familiar pattern developing here. ?‍♂️
Yep like we've said o er the last 5 years in other boards..its always 10+ days away...gets old. Thats why I don't post much anymore and only read certain posters..the rest is just repetitive jargan

Fab Feb will save us. Or March. Or maybe next winter. But surely by 2030. ?

Yep like we've said o er the last 5 years in other boards..its always 10+ days away...gets old. Thats why I don't post much anymore and only read certain posters..the rest is just repetitive jargan
I agree. Lately I come here while at work to whine and complain to pass time. But after work I don't even bother. Don't want to ruin my evenings. Maybe we head for glory later but I'm not a fan of the modeled pattern. The Pacific is crap and until that changes the NAO can only do so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back