• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my first call map (blend of the NAM/GFS/CMC/RGEM/UK/ICON)
*note this could get warmer or I could get more aggressive, depends on trends the next 2 days !*
-thinking for Right near Charlotte and north, a glaze to .10 with a few sleet pellets is possible, this extends into the upstate and perhaps GA
-as you get towards LKN/huntersville up the 85 corridor to High point/GSO, you start increasing to 0.1 to 0.2 and perhaps 0.25 of ice along with some sleet, also @Sleet City USA favorite place landrum SC and those areas in the extreme northern upstate stand a better chance more ice
-As you get towards hickory/statesville up to the I-40 corridor, the chances of a more significant ice storm (0.25>) increase along with maybe up to 0.25 of sleet as those areas will be around 29-31 View attachment 57572
smh you know how i feel about landrum

Yeah, I used to travel from NC to Boston, it’s a good middle ground to stop if you don’t want to go stay in the big cities.

It’s really the best place. Didn’t want to pay to park in the city and hotels are crazy in Philly. I liked that town. I was near Northampton i believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found one:
240px-Wienermobile_OURDOG_plate.jpg

I really like the 3K nam depiction. To have the higher res nam on the side of ICE is scary. The NAM showed such a better push on CAD and slowed the moisture which helps CAD even more but it was not wanting to depict that on the 12K. The 3k however showed exactly that.
But I thought we weren’t even remotely into the NAMs range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back