• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol what? .75 is more than enough to knock out power in most cases. I don’t see why we should be happy about freezing rain
Agreed, Ice storms are not even close to comparable to a snow storm. I’ve had lots of ice storms here although somehow none that were devastating and probably 0.25-0.30 was the most I’ve had. yes it’s cool that things are coated in ice but I’m not the least bit excited when an ice storm is possible. In fact I actually look at as a waste when temps are below freezing and rain is falling from the sky. I get much more excited for even a dusting of snow vs something that can devastate trees and knock out power for days. What is cool is when a storm is freezing rain to start and then snow for the majority afterward. That happened when I got 12 inches of snow in January of 2016. Huge snow with ice coated trees although some didn’t survive it.

Attachments

• 5DB07425-2BF9-49D3-94C4-E73BBA7E76FB.jpeg
    5DB07425-2BF9-49D3-94C4-E73BBA7E76FB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Lol he went from Trace-0.05" amts at best to now up to 0.25" in just several hours. K
because of this people are gonna get hurt. I wish he would realize what he does when he sends everyone to the grocery store at once in a pandemic. He needs to communicate with the public better. I know it’s long range but nothing supported just a trace of ice! A lot of folks don’t constantly check for updates after he’s already downplayed it. A day or two ago he said 0% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back