• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take the Euro verbatim, 2-3 feet is definitely realistic w/ up to 2.5" QPF being modeled over the mountains of central PA which will have the added benefit of orographically forced ascent which likely isn't being properly resolved (& arguably underestimated) by the model. Snow liquid ratios would also be greater than 10:1 because the low-mid level temps & thicknesses support it (at face value) on the model. 850s of -3 to -7C w/ surface temps in the mid-upper 20s despite high liquid water content snow puts central PA in the ballpark of SLRs close to 12:1 ish.

View attachment 57623

Here's corresponding GRAF model output snow liquid ratios (via Mike Ventrice), reaffirming the idea that SLRs will be close to 12:1 (ish) in central PA where the bullseye of QPF was shown on the 0z Euro, thus Kuchera should be used there over 10:1 maps.

1607952471045.png

(Didn’t want to put this reply in the storm thread.)

Ji losing his mind.

Unfortunately, I believe he lives in Leesburg, or at least he used to, which is out NW of Dulles and does a lot better than DC proper in these setups.

Don't worry Landrum is getting the shaft too. Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Eh, I think Landrum will get that glaze. Me and you will just sit 5-10 miles south of the freezing line. And I'm cool with that

Eh, I think Landrum will get that glaze. Me and you will just sit 5-10 miles south of the freezing line. And I'm cool with that
Idk we'll see. I can tell you for sure from living in CAE 5 years these short range models tease hard. The southern extent of the winter precip never worked. 48 hrs out you want the freezing line in Newberry right now and not over us. Thats just what experience with models tells me.

Storm chasers meeting in Wilkes for onset ice storm I know a mobile home surrounded by trees we can use with kerosene heater.maybe do bojangles. @Myfrotho704_ bring the lightning camera and we go live make a lot of money to retire from this event we can sell Brad p some footage of the storm to use and other media maybe New York Times. ?

Storm chasers meeting in Wilkes for onset ice storm I know a mobile home surrounded by trees we can use with kerosene heater.maybe do bojangles. @Myfrotho704_ bring the lightning camera and we go live make a lot of money to retire from this event we can sell Brad p some footage of the storm to use and other media maybe New York Times. ?
Sounds sketchy ass hell. Heck I'm from the hills to but I've heard a many stories about wilkes lmao

Has anyone thought of opening up a weather center as a business with a physical location? No met degrees but big social media presence and maybe social events for the public to talk weather. Like coffee shop but with subscriptions for the public to buy weather. HQ in Wilkes.

Has anyone thought of opening up a weather center as a business with a physical location? No met degrees but big social media presence and maybe social events for the public to talk weather. Like coffee shop but with subscriptions for the public to buy weather. HQ in Wilkes.
Can I buy snowstorms from your center? I’ll drive to Wilkes County to make the purchase in person, if needed.

Ok well with enough interest I’ll try to start one in Mooresville. Profit from public buying subscriptions and coffee etc...then maybe do big private events like food to discuss storms or seasons. Charge admission to discus spring, fall, summer etc outlooks. Money goes to me and few employees to make it all happen. Large entertainment area for weenies.

Once I make enough we turn it into indoor ski resort back in Wilkes with real elevation. High class. Better than Aspen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back