• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I’m an oddball here but I do like this weather . Although I’d rather it be closer to normal with dry sunny warm days and cool nights instead of this. Still though, I’m going to enjoy this . Nice tropical type weather that makes you want to head down to the beach and lay out . Water temps can’t be that cold yet down by the ocean , probably low 70s? I see 73 at Wrightsville beach , 82 in the Gulf Stream 10 miles offshore Hatteras.

You know, I’m an oddball here but I do like this weather . Although I’d rather it be closer to normal with dry sunny warm days and cool nights instead of this. Still though, I’m going to enjoy this . Nice tropical type weather that makes you want to head down to the beach and lay out . Water temps can’t be that cold yet down by the ocean , probably low 70s? I see 73 at Wrightsville beach , 82 in the Gulf Stream 10 miles offshore Hatteras.
I could deal with easily if we just had normal Oct DP's ....sick sick sick of humidity

I really love the sun angle this time of year. It makes it much easier to tolerate warm days. Not nearly as overbearing as it is in summer.

Because it’s not as hot as summer?
And that's largely due to the sun angle. Can you imagine how hot it would be if we had an 80 degree sun angle today as opposed to the 45 degree angle it currently is ? My biggest complaint about summer is how overpowering the sun is. Well that and the dews.

It’s really hellish on October snow accums
Honestly sun angle is not a huge issue where you are right now or at least I wouldn't think it would be. Your sun angle right now is equivalent to Atlanta's sun angle in late January.

I really wish I could find a site that had record warm lows for Chattanooga.. Also record cold highs. NOWDATA doesn't have that stat unfortunately. I know there is some kind of record of this, because local tv mets will sometimes tell us if we had a record warm low for the date.

I really wish I could find a site that had record warm lows for Chattanooga.. Also record cold highs. NOWDATA doesn't have that stat unfortunately. I know there is some kind of record of this, because local tv mets will sometimes tell us if we had a record warm low for the date.
Try and see if this site works: http://xmacis.rcc-acis.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back