• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

WINTER STORMS CANCELED!!! I am with Brick dagnabit!!! How dare the Ensembles runs show snow 6 7 8+ days and take them away and change them to rain. I Couldn't care less about Pattern changing or Ensembles showing a snow storm to track 9 10+ days out only to turn them to rain as they get closer and then show more winter storms for the next week and repeat.

Kicking the Can down the Road. These models can not be consistent more than 6 hours at a time. Now, Now you gonna tell me just wait the pattern is starting to settle in and come Fab Feb we are all gonna get buried.

BULL HONKY!!! when that cold air does finally show up you gonna tell me it surpressing the southern flow to Cuba.

Well I Say NO THANK YOU SIR!!! NO Thank you. I am official canceling WINTER STORMS IN THE SOUTH EAST. NO Snow For You. Nothing to see here just go home.....

I'm having serious thoughts about packing my poop up and going home from work and never coming back. Im working 7am-1030/11 pm and not sleeping bc i am so stressed. Its not worth it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Do you at least get time and a half?

I'm having serious thoughts about packing my poop up and going home from work and never coming back. Im working 7am-1030/11 pm and not sleeping bc i am so stressed. Its not worth it

Man that's brutal right there..... I got nothing. I feel like I should say "don't do it, you'll regret it, it's not worth that" but ummm if I were in your shoes. Idk that sucks right there.

Lol there ain't no way we're spending any appreciable MJO time this winter over on the left side there. We're going to have to find another way to score. Maybe an unexpected pole shift or a quick Yellowstone eruption.
I read an article last year about Antarctic meteor smoke teleconnections. That will save us. Big boom incoming at 12z..or maybe that’s a thud. Not sure yet

I read an article last year about Antarctic meteor smoke teleconnections. That will save us. Big boom incoming at 12z..or maybe that’s a thud. Not sure yet
I'm expecting a turn-around in the Ops in the next day or so. We're going to start seeing winter storms showing up.

Maybe this post belongs in the Banter thread? :D

WINTER STORMS CANCELED!!! I am with Brick dagnabit!!! How dare the Ensembles runs show snow 6 7 8+ days and take them away and change them to rain. I Couldn't care less about Pattern changing or Ensembles showing a snow storm to track 9 10+ days out only to turn them to rain as they get closer and then show more winter storms for the next week and repeat.

Kicking the Can down the Road. These models can not be consistent more than 6 hours at a time. Now, Now you gonna tell me just wait the pattern is starting to settle in and come Fab Feb we are all gonna get buried.

BULL HONKY!!! when that cold air does finally show up you gonna tell me it surpressing the southern flow to Cuba.

Well I Say NO THANK YOU SIR!!! NO Thank you. I am official canceling WINTER STORMS IN THE SOUTH EAST. NO Snow For You. Nothing to see here just go home.....
Take notes! This is the proper way to make a “Whambulance Chaser” post!

Good post!

I wish models had a warm bias in the extended. But they don't. You see far more historic cold patterns that don't pan out than warm patterns that don't pan out. You can show me all kinds of pretty ensembles, SSW charts, solar progs, indexes of choice, MJOs, operational models, whatever that are in 100% agreement with the coldest weather ever, and I will take the opposite bet and win 99.9% of the time. It's just the way it works.

It's going to get cold. Historically so, I really doubt it. But hopefully it is enough to allow the things that give us snow to combine to do so. I think it will happen, but I don't think eastern sections of the SE will see much of anything before Feb. I could be wrong, but that's my prediction.
Yes. Historically cold? I haven't really seen anything predicting that, but even if the models were onto something "historical," I'm never going to be the guy who goes to work, church, and home telling everybody about it... chances are always going to be in climatology's favor.... always. We all like the extremes, but that's not how the atmosphere works, and atmospheric forces could NOT care less what we are wishing for.

If anyone would like to buy the board we will take offers . I’m about to go crazy reading the same complaining posts ten times a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might just pull out the big delete button today to save some of your sanity LOL. Or lock the Jan thread after each run. :p

I know the feeling, my job has me working so much overtime that it takes away from family time and becomes stressful at times. I to also am promise a further up in the company by next month, so will see what happens. I hope my hard work and yours will pay off, if not than it's not worth it..Money isn't everything when it comes to happiness

Back