• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Who else is tired of hearing that we are 10-14 days out?

Entering Mid January now, I’m starting to have ants in my pants waiting on something to take me out of the misery this winter storm drought is putting me in. I swear, ever since I actively began following weather on the models around 4 years ago or so, it’s like I’ve jinxed the Midlands from getting anything for looking for it to hard.

Georgia got enough snow last year for the next 5 years. Hell even Savannah saw record snow! We aint seing **** this year!
Definitive statements like that are not necessary. I think there is some potential. Just because we did well last year doesn't mean anything.
Who else is tired of hearing that we are 10-14 days out?

Entering Mid January now, I’m starting to have ants in my pants waiting on something to take me out of the misery this winter storm drought is putting me in. I swear, ever since I actively began following weather on the models around 4 years ago or so, it’s like I’ve jinxed the Midlands from getting anything for looking for it to hard.
I'm more tired of statements like this.

I think it’s funny the ones that get on here 20 days in a row with the same rebuttal to the ones who are frustrated “the operational models can’t get a key on the pattern. You guys need to stop looking into the LR.” LoL it showed rain for everyone 20 days ago, and it has rained ever since. So I guess it was right on the money

That system coming NE out of the gulf does look fantastic, cold in place.... best look I’ve seen all year. Let’s hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol are you talking about the end of the FV3? I was salivating looking at that on my lunch break. Looked like 2/3 of GA and all of SC/NC were about to get smoked

I want a system to come after the cold arrives first. Be nice to get heavy snow temps middle 20s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For real. Good ole two weeks away. Lol G thanks
I'm fairly neutral on it, but I'd give this "two weeks away" a better chance of verifying than other ones. There are at least some fairly convincing factors arguing for it vs. the usual scenario of hoping for it just based on long range model output. We'll find out soon enough.

I stated before that it is hard for me to think I will see another big snow storm this winter, and maybe no more at all, because we already had the big storm in December. We just don't get more than one big snow here each winter, and most of the time when we do it's the only storm we get. The December storm was very lucky, and not in what most consider a great pattern for snow here, especially so early in winter. My take is those seem to be when we get big storms now, not when we're in patterns that were better for snow in the past. We get lucky and go from 70 to a big snow storm a week later. Most of the time when we are supposedly going into a good pattern for snow the past few years, the pattern never fully materializes, or we just don't get anything out of it but a week of cold temps.

Back