• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I am saying every winter lately it seems when people start talking about entering a great pattern for snow, it never happens, or we do get a pattern that is supposed to be better for snow but still get nothing. It seems we get snow now when there's not really talk of it being a great pattern for getting snow.

Yeah, anyone who expected a flip to a better pattern on the 20th will be disappointed. Still a couple weeks out.

Well, most folks were saying the 20th is when the pattern was supposed to start being better for more winter storms.

And the models were showing snow for the early December storm a pretty good ways out. People didn't believe what they were showing then, and it ended up being a good storm. Now we're not supposed to trust the models when they show nothing. But to me it seems all the models have to be showing something, maybe various totals, but something in order for there to be a legit shot at a winter storm.

It's every man/woman for themselves. At least if a storm does work out, I can pull for it to work for Lafayette as I can drive there if so. If they get a 4"+ storm, I'll pull the trigger as long as I can.

I'm not in the Carolinas, but I'm close enough that I can lean towards my weather being more like theirs than even west central GA.

Only those in the Carolinas or those who don't read 500mb maps. I love the GFS look.
I'm liking it too. A good storm for Central AL north and MS would likely be close for ATL and likely for N GA areas as well. Probably many in Upstate SC too, but RDU folks would get very little from a true Miller A that goes 50 miles east of them. I like where we are headed and it seems our time is coming.

Well, most folks were saying the 20th is when the pattern was supposed to start being better for more winter storms.
To be fair, the pattern that we're currently moving into is much more conducive to winter weather than what we've just come out of. But it's kind of like saying dog pee smells better than cat pee. At least we have a can of Febreze now. But at some point, we are going to have to kick the animals out of the house.

And the models were showing snow for the early December storm a pretty good ways out. People didn't believe what they were showing then, and it ended up being a good storm. Now we're not supposed to trust the models when they show nothing. But to me it seems all the models have to be showing something, maybe various totals, but something in order for there to be a legit shot at a winter storm.
The December thing wasn't normal. Most of the time, you don't get to track a storm in from that far out. Currently, you have the pieces on the playing field. The odds of them lining up aren't great for a lot of areas. But they're on the field now. We'll have to watch and see if they can come together. There's definitely a chance.

The December thing wasn't normal. Most of the time, you don't get to track a storm in from that far out. Currently, you have the pieces on the playing field. The odds of them lining up aren't great for a lot of areas. But they're on the field now. We'll have to watch and see if they can come together. There's definitely a chance.

Yeah, I am just saying in the past when we were supposed to have a good team on the field, we don't get the win. We seem to get most of the wins the past few years when we have a less than stellar team and pull an upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love reading the main thread and banter thread. People’s true colors are showing VERY brightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's every man/woman for themselves. At least if a storm does work out, I can pull for it to work for Lafayette as I can drive there if so. If they get a 4"+ storm, I'll pull the trigger as long as I can.

I'm not in the Carolinas, but I'm close enough that I can lean towards my weather being more like theirs than even west central GA.
I'm liking it too. A good storm for Central AL north and MS would likely be close for ATL and likely for N GA areas as well. Probably many in Upstate SC too, but RDU folks would get very little from a true Miller A that goes 50 miles east of them. I like where we are headed and it seems our time is coming.

I love it, everyone man/woman/child for themselves.

I am rooting for you guys and Tarheel/Jimmy. RDU had there’s already, especially Brick.

Hope the western portions of the SE can get something, I’m fine here in nc with the 6” in snow back on dec 9

Let me just remind everybody that we had a big western ridge set up shop early January of last year with a deep eastern trough and we couldn’t buy a storm. I know we have things we like to look for and nit pick on the models but there’s more than one way to skin a cat. We find new ways to win and lose every year..mostly ways to lose, but you get the point

I love it, everyone man/woman/child for themselves.

I am rooting for you guys and Tarheel/Jimmy. RDU had there’s already, especially Brick.

200.gif

Back