• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Ok someone help me . My baby boy ( well 4 ) is getting tubes in his ears and it’s freaking me the out . Everyone says it’s so easy and fast but it’s my baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son had them twice. The first time he had to get an Epinephrine shot to bring him back from under the anesthesia because he wouldn't wake up. Something about redheads and weird reactions to anesthesia. The second time he didn't have any problems, but he ended up getting his tonsils taken out also when he had the tubes put in the second time. My daughter also had them and she did fine.

El Niño’s always get so much hype pre winter every year. Yet the best two winters of my life have been in La Nina’s! ?‍♂️
I know Larry had stats on this that pretty much indicates snow storms are just as likely in week ninos as ninas, but I have to agree, ninas seem to give more opportunity. I don't like El Ninos unless I'm in the middle of a drought. They reduce the high temps and give us 40 and rain many times, but they don't allow for lengthy cold presses. Even in this "favorable" pattern coming up, we probably only have a 1 in 4 chance or 1 in 5 chance of getting a snow storm south of TN/NC. I think TN and NC are money, though! They should be high with anticipation. South of I-40, I'm skeptical.

The SE ridge appears to show up from time to time over the period that is supposed to be the "pattern change." I guess that I will take my slightly below normal temperatures during this time frame and call it a winter. :mad:

Let’s just all move to Austria
62339bde7a7ff2adef790c30975697a4.jpg

My son had them twice. The first time he had to get an Epinephrine shot to bring him back from under the anesthesia because he wouldn't wake up. Something about redheads and weird reactions to anesthesia. The second time he didn't have any problems, but he ended up getting his tonsils taken out also when he had the tubes put in the second time. My daughter also had them and she did fine.

Wow didn’t wake up ????? Omgd

The SE ridge appears to show up from time to time over the period that is supposed to be the "pattern change." I guess that I will take my slightly below normal temperatures during this time frame and call it a winter. :mad:
Guys you don’t need to worry about this SER. If the pattern change that is forecasted to happen, you won’t have to worry about the SER.

Ok someone help me . My baby boy ( well 4 ) is getting tubes in his ears and it’s freaking me the out . Everyone says it’s so easy and fast but it’s my baby

My oldest had his first set at age 2, and a couple of sets after that. Re-occurring ear infections. The tubes were fairly easy and not much pain that I recall.

Yeah, it was scary. He was fine the second time when he had his tonsils removed and another set of tubes put in. Redheads have some weird reactions to things for some reason. My wife and both my kids are redheads.

This might sound nasty but breast milk drops will help. I’ve seen it used and work many times.

Funny you say that . When he was real little my wife put breastmilk drops on a lot of stuff and it helped out a lot

I’m wondering if this could be indirectly related to the MJO going back over to the right for a little while even though not a strong signal. IF so, the good news is that the MJO is subsequently projected to move pretty quickly and will hopefully get back over to the left side by the last few days of the month and into early Feb. Also, high latitude blocking is projected to become quite strong by then. If so, I expect the persistent cold will spread back further SE by very late Jan and into Feb and make the entire SE quite cold. This would be supported by weak El Niño climo, too. So, patience may be required the further SE folks are during this transition.

Yeah, it was scary. He was fine the second time when he had his tonsils removed and another set of tubes put in. Redheads have some weird reactions to things for some reason. My wife and both my kids are redheads.
You're supposed to be helping Storm out here!

I just want to say, if anyone on this weather forum, wether your new or not, wants to learn anything about what going with the model word or your confused why the OP runs are changing every run, LISTEN!! Listen to the ones who know what there talking about and have much more experience than you do. We have great people on here who would love to teach and help out if needed, that's what we're here for. I've learned over the years I've been here, which is from day 1 to sit back and listen. I've learned not to jump the gun and say something that I can't back up. Always back up what you post, if not someone will call you out on it. SHANE, STORM5, PHIL, CHRIS, WEBB, RAIN COLD, LARRY, and many more that I forgot lol, thank you for teaching me over the years, I've really enjoy being here. This is my home.

While I still think the end of Jan/Feb will be great with a lot of cold and possible a major winter storm or maybe even 2 in some areas, it's concerning to see the MJO going back into bad phases right when the pattern is supposed to be significantly changing towards colder than normal.

CANM_phase_20m_small.gifECMF_phase_51m_small.gifdiagram_40days_forecast_GEFS_member.gif

Wow nice . I’ll plan on hitting the vending machine for sure then . Yeah he’s had so many this year I’m just ready for it to be over . As you know it’s hard seeing your kids be sick all the time

Left you some thoughts in a PM. He will do great!

Probably not epinephrine. Delayed emergence from anesthesia may sometimes be treated with agents that reverse the anesthetic. Sometimes kids take a while to wake up but they are incredibly resilient. Often if it takes a while to wake up they were made very comfortable for the procedure and that’s not so bad.

The red head and anesthesia thing is true actually. Or at least they always talked about it jokingly in residency. I never saw more complications in them, thankfully

Funny you say that . When he was real little my wife put breastmilk drops on a lot of stuff and it helped out a lot

Well this is the banter thread so I guess breast milk is kosher.

While I still think the end of Jan/Feb will be great with a lot of cold and possible a major winter storm or maybe even 2 in some areas, it's concerning to see the MJO going back into bad phases right when the pattern is supposed to be significantly changing towards colder than normal.

View attachment 11054View attachment 11055View attachment 11053
This is pretty telling. Take a look at how much time we will have likely spent in the bad phases of the MJO vs. the good ones from the start of winter through the end of January:

MJO.jpg

Back