• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Not sure the variety Camellia I had nor when it bloomed as it was nearly 10 years ago. (Previous home in Winston Salem). HOLY CRAP what an absolute beautiful specimen. Nearly 10-12' ft and so thick you couldn't see through them. 90% shade, green year round and the red bloom was stunning!!

I love them. Nothing like seeing them bloom in the dead of winter. I need more.

DO NOT plant Bamboo. As nice as it looks, once it starts to spread its almost impossible to stop. Once it matures the new stalks will gain five to ten feet a year and unless you cut them when they first pop out of the ground, they harden into strong bamboo that can pop a mower tire. Also even if you cut the new stalks down, the new stalks next year will make it another five to ten feet from them. The roots are also just bamboo.

It does good in shade, but it will take over.
Someone planted bamboo next door to me and it crossed the property line under the fence and took over my yard. Had to remove several stalks when it tried to spread. Luckily I'm moving soon so won't have to worry about the stalks next year.

Something is definitely wrong with the sensor at KIXA, it's DP's are always several degrees higher than everywhere else. Over the last week it was debatable as upper 70 DP's were not uncommon or too far away but today it's showing a DP of 77 and the only stations close to those DP's within a 100 miles is Edenton and Manteo, both down near the coast. My own weather station which like other's tends to run a little high with DP is showing 72 which isn't far off but even that is probably a degree or two high. I mean it's hot but it's not 110 heat index that KIXA is reporting right now.
I should add I'm making the comparison because as the crow flies I'm only 4.5 miles from there

DO NOT plant Bamboo. As nice as it looks, once it starts to spread its almost impossible to stop. Once it matures the new stalks will gain five to ten feet a year and unless you cut them when they first pop out of the ground, they harden into strong bamboo that can pop a mower tire. Also even if you cut the new stalks down, the new stalks next year will make it another five to ten feet from them. The roots are also just bamboo.

It does good in shade, but it will take over.

do not plant bamboo..... i already tried that plan and it did not work very well !!! once it starts to spread its almost impossible to control

Arcc/D-Ray,
Thanks for the warnings about bamboo. I had been told the same by others and was then scared off. However, I was later told that "bambusa multiplex" is a bamboo that doesn't spread. Do you guys know anything about this kind of bamboo?

Last edited:
just As he say he say he told me go on to hell well I know tropics it’s not fun and games surprise surprise surprise boom boom boom

just As he say he say he told me go on to hell well I know tropics it’s not fun and games surprise surprise surprise boom boom boom

giphy.gif

I just got a Defender Otter Box case for my iPhone. I love the case but the screen isn’t as responsive to touch. Sometimes, I have to touch it several times to get a response. It does have a built-in screen protector, which is the source of the problem. Has any of you had this problem? If so, how did you remedy it? Is there a way to make the screen more sensitive to touch? This is kind of a pain. I definitely am slower typing now. TIA.

Last edited:
I just got a Defender case Otter Box case for my iPhone. I love the case but the screen isn’t as responsive to touch. Sometimes, I have to touch it several times to get a response. It does have a built-in screen protector, which is the source of the problem. Has any of you had this problem? If so, how did you remedy it? Is there a way to make the screen more sensitive to touch? This is kind of a pain. I definitely am slower typing now. TIA.

I have the same case and had the same problem but over time I guess the protective screen softened up and it went away. Great buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about random nonsense while driving today and it occured to me. How long before the term "History" becomes "Itstory" because History is sexist against both Woman and LGBT?

I was thinking about random nonsense while driving today and it occured to me. How long before the term "History" becomes "Itstory" because History is sexist against both Woman and LGBT?
And we'll no longer be able to play the Hall N Oates song "Maneater"

I just got a Defender Otter Box case for my iPhone. I love the case but the screen isn’t as responsive to touch. Sometimes, I have to touch it several times to get a response. It does have a built-in screen protector, which is the source of the problem. Has any of you had this problem? If so, how did you remedy it? Is there a way to make the screen more sensitive to touch? This is kind of a pain. I definitely am slower typing now. TIA.

TAKE THE PROTECTIVE SCREEN COVER OFF THE OTTERBOX AND USE JUST THE ONE ON THE PHONE. THAT WHAT I HAD TO DO ON MI PIXEL 3

Back