• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Brad you don’t have to explain everything know it all let the USG do their job and u stick to the media

2 weeks of continual afternoon thunderstorms, so much that our local met has said "finally the rain will be outta here." The one problem I have is that I didn't get a damn shower out of any of that. Nearly 3 weeks here and notta. I know a 50 percent chance of rain means 50 percent chance it won't, but you'd think out of a 2 week period of that you'd cash in on a freaking shower.

Didn't even get remnants, you know when the big cells begin to fade out in intensity they will expand and you can get some light rain from the stratus. Nope, not even the decaying droplets. Nothing.

2 weeks of continual afternoon thunderstorms, so much that our local met has said "finally the rain will be outta here." The one problem I have is that I didn't get a damn shower out of any of that. Nearly 3 weeks here and notta. I know a 50 percent chance of rain means 50 percent chance it won't, but you'd think out of a 2 week period of that you'd cash in on a freaking shower.

Didn't even get remnants, you know when the big cells begin to fade out in intensity they will expand and you can get some light rain from the stratus. Nope, not even the decaying droplets. Nothing.
Just take a couple days off from work, plan a trip to the pool, and it will storm like crazy

Hey, just 6 more months until we start chasing anafront snowstorms again that don't happen

Yep, already told the kids it’s not going to snow this winter, already taking care of the disappointment. I will lean on any model or forecast that shows zero! Not getting hype ever again. Winter is dead to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, already told the kids it’s not going to snow this winter, already taking care of the disappointment. I will lean on any model or forecast that shows zero! Not getting hype ever again. Winter is dead to me.

So if

Well ATL may not get snow, but my town will LOL.

For those of you that know, I realize the top of Mt Mitchell and Grandfather Mountain have their own winter microclimate, however, they are state parks and their is no residence there. How far down the mountain do you have to go to see homes/cabins, etc? And is it still high enough in elevation there to experience some of that microclimate.

For instance, Ive been at the the valley of Maggie Valley where there wasn't any snowshowers, then got at the top where there was light snow and accumulating, but there were no homes up there, all the residences were nearer the bottom where you couldn't experience the snow.

I'm ready for a New Sensation. INXS was a killer rhythm rock band. What You Need is their top song to me, elements of rock, jazz, funk, R&B.
Their slow jam ( never tear us apart) ?? Was good too

Anyone seen any huge hail videos from Italy this week? Assuming this is real the hail seen starting at 1:20 mark is probably some of the biggest I've seen in videos.

Back