• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

some things are just beyond repair ... even to a Depression Era minded farm boy like yours truly ...
~~~~
a good mixture of kerosene and turpentine (sometimes with a dash of salicylic acid) will fix most any outer flesh ailment, barbed wire will hold together most outside fixes, duct tape is God's gift to inside fixin' ... but some things just ain't capable of being screwed, glued or otherwise put back together ...

Last edited:
Does anyone here have coding experience? I was thinking about how to write a script that every day goes to a website, downloads a current satellite image, and then sets it as my wallpaper. Any idea of how to go about this/what language to use?

For the wallpaper part I figured I can just have my wallpaper to be a set file name and then every time I download a new image have it set to be that same file name, overwriting the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone in NC wondering about Greg Fishel. I guess he still has a Facebook page, and I just found out. He posted this back when he left WRAL.

I am absolutely overwhelmed and humbled by the number of supportive messages i have received tonight. I just want you all to know what a privilege and honor it has been to come into your homes for all or part of the last 37+ years. And i want you to know that WRAL is still the best television station in the country, not only because of the product it produces, but by the people it employs. God is leading me in a new direction. For years i have stated that i trust God, but i wonder if that statement was more intellectually based than from the heart. Now i want to learn how to truly walk with God each day and trust Him to lead me in the direction i need to go. He's blessed me in so many ways for almost 62 years. I hope and pray that there are at least a few more blessings to come. Thank you all again so much for your love and support!

And he hadn't posted anything else until June 11 when he posted this.

Just wanted to let everyone know I’m fine! I’ve heard some of the rumors and they’re pretty amazing if I do say so myself! I’ve learned some very valuable lessons and I’m moving on with my life. I so appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, and concern. North Carolinians are indeed the best people in the world! It was my privilege to come into your homes for almost 4 decades. I will never forget you!

He is looking a little different these days, sporting a goatee. I wonder if he just had a disagreement with management about something, maybe didn't like a direction thenb station was going in, and lost his cool and just quit. I wish he would get back in the game on another station, or even just post his thoughts on potential weather events on Facebook.

For anyone in NC wondering about Greg Fishel. I guess he still has a Facebook page, and I just found out. He posted this back when he left WRAL.

I am absolutely overwhelmed and humbled by the number of supportive messages i have received tonight. I just want you all to know what a privilege and honor it has been to come into your homes for all or part of the last 37+ years. And i want you to know that WRAL is still the best television station in the country, not only because of the product it produces, but by the people it employs. God is leading me in a new direction. For years i have stated that i trust God, but i wonder if that statement was more intellectually based than from the heart. Now i want to learn how to truly walk with God each day and trust Him to lead me in the direction i need to go. He's blessed me in so many ways for almost 62 years. I hope and pray that there are at least a few more blessings to come. Thank you all again so much for your love and support!

And he hadn't posted anything else until June 11 when he posted this.

Just wanted to let everyone know I’m fine! I’ve heard some of the rumors and they’re pretty amazing if I do say so myself! I’ve learned some very valuable lessons and I’m moving on with my life. I so appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers, and concern. North Carolinians are indeed the best people in the world! It was my privilege to come into your homes for almost 4 decades. I will never forget you!

He is looking a little different these days, sporting a goatee. I wonder if he just had a disagreement with management about something, maybe didn't like a direction thenb station was going in, and lost his cool and just quit. I wish he would get back in the game on another station, or even just post his thoughts on potential weather events on Facebook.
I bet he will reemerge in another market out of state. It still makes me sad that he left.

Does anyone here have coding experience? I was thinking about how to write a script that every day goes to a website, downloads a current satellite image, and then sets it as my wallpaper. Any idea of how to go about this/what language to use?

For the wallpaper part I figured I can just have my wallpaper to be a set file name and then every time I download a new image have it set to be that same file name, overwriting the old one.

Do you have a Mac? There is actually an app for it that came out recently called downlink and it does just that every single day, it’s awesome.

Do you have a Mac? There is actually an app for it that came out recently called downlink and it does just that every single day, it’s awesome.

Wow, thank you. I just installed it. This is probably the best new thing i've seen in a while. My imac background was just wasted space looking at a sand dune. now I got this. actually life changing.

Wow, thank you. I just installed it. This is probably the best new thing i've seen in a while. My imac background was just wasted space looking at a sand dune. now I got this. actually life changing.

I’m very jealous of all Mac users right now because it looks beautiful

Back