• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

SE snow talk still ? Y’all have fun and I will enjoy my upper 60s and low 70s hitting a white little ball in the woods then the bunker then in a hole 6 shots later. This weekend looks fantastic. Might play 36.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been down here fishing for 30 minutes and haven’t gotten a bite. Mid 50’s with a cool breeze. This is bullsh**. BN anomalies only show up when it’s time to be outside. Pissed

I give winter 2018-19 an H, as in go to Hell.
I'd be inclined for an "A" ... Abysmal ... Except ... it's been and still is fun watching ... so that's worth an "A" for effort and fun in and of itself ...
Now being castigated as a sinner and heretic for having such thoughts ... o_O ... I bid kind indulgence ... :eek:

Last edited:
Perfect golf weather and a pulled hammy = misery.

Only thing worse would be a nice snow storm and not be able able to have fun in it, maybe it will snow soon, lol..
ef768d2bcfb64d5ed09cec9a536dbdd2.jpg

There was a few points in town where it looked like pollen and cirrus clouds mixed to create an interesting sky, thought about taking my phone out to take a picture of it and I should have.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd never turn down snow at any time of year. Warm weather is great and all, but that happens often this time of year. Spring snow is rare and cool to see. Last year we had a series of flizzards after the start of spring.

FFC concerned that a drought may be developing soon in GA:

Too soon to tell what rest of the spring will look like, but
starting to see signs in CFS v2 and other climate models that
drought conditions may further develop over middle GA and could
spread north unless we get back in wet pattern.

Fine with me.

An extended dry period is long overdue.

Last step is getting rid of the cirrostratus once and for all. :confused:

All I can say is that there is a general consensus about a low but not about the cold air or evolution of the storm itself. I would love for it to trend more SW so that GA can at least get in the game, but I am almost certain it will disappear entirely or go N and become a severe threat again.

In all my years of following models, the changes in the 0Z 4-10 day period consensus are some of the largest 24 hour cold changes across the board I’ve ever seen in any month. Nevertheless, the ensembles’ and Euro/FV3/CMC op cold bias still need to be factored in though the GFS op has not had a cold bias.

I feel like every winter since 2017 has been kinda similar, a snow threat early on, a February torch and a cold March.

I'm just gonna accept this as the new normal lol.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Back