• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I know they're usually not dangerous but sometimes pop up thunderstorms have scared me out of my pants. That usually happens though when lightning is close. Dad thinks this house itself has been hit by lightning at least twice, I'm not sure if it's twice but there's a good chance he's right on the first time, because when power was restored, everything in my "den" outside of the fan that was plugged up (and I'm not sure the lights work anymore on it after that, not that they're needed) was toast electrically. Had to replace a TV, DirecTV receiver, Wii, lamp, and the answering machine failed. It's because of that case that a very old TV is utilized in this den (it's actually a guest room). It works, it's just old.

I happened to be gaming when it happened and thought I'd be able to sneak in another online match as a pop up storm was starting to gear up and failed. I heard a major crash, saw smoke come out of that TV, and the power was gone all of a sudden. I just sat down my controller and was stunned and my dad walked in and asked me if I was okay. I was, but I might have been injured if it was not a Wii controller.

I've also had 1 creepy case that still sticks with me. Mr. Crowley - Ozzy Osbourne is kind of creepy music and I was listening to it during a thunderstorm late at night and lost power while I was listening to it.

I know it’s late in the game but I vote to rename the March thread “March Sadness”
It's a bit late but I have a feeling we are in for an "Appalling April" because I think there will be a ton of severe weather then too. Or maybe we will have a basic April Discussion Thread because there won't be anything special about it.

Goober in the flesh! Lmao did you ask him
where all the snow was?
That was about 3 years ago, when he was still a snow weenie! I was working at a school, Nicole papay came one day, but I didn’t want to look like a stalker! LMAO! ???

Don't forget that the all important Euro weeklies will be out one later due to DST. So, don't panic if you don't see them "on time".

Don't forget that the all important Euro weeklies will be out one later due to DST. So, don't panic if you don't see them "on time".
Is calling 911 because you thought the Weeklies were missing ok to do or no?

Is calling 911 because you thought the Weeklies were missing ok to do or no?

It is quite understandable and I certainly wouldn't blame someone from doing so. However, I hope giving folks a heads-up here might prevent at least some of the 911 calls.

Also, I'd like to remind the readers that they're often wrong. So, don't panic if they show something you don't want.

Can we take some time to talk about one hell of a storm named cyclone Trevor ? Please pray for those about to get impacted, right now it’s literally exploding as it’s environment only has 5-10 Kt of shear, this thing is crawling aswell allowing it to rapidly intensify and look at that new explosion of convection/towers, that’s -100C !!!! This thing is headed for the worst directions like Michael did, as you can see it’s getting very healthy and symmetrical and is trying to get convection wrapped on all sides, still struggling with its western/southern sides, anyways once the eye clears more, that would help warm the core allowing even more intensification
FD979219-F97E-4C4F-92F2-44A79B779224.jpeg
After it’s first landfall then entering back into the Gulf of Carpentaria, Here’s a look “inside the storm” as you can see, it’s core is extremely warm, which argues a extremely strong storm, very nicely symmetrical, very very strong winds in all parts of the eyewall, and the environment is impressive, very tall CAPE as the tropopause is pretty high which supports strong/intense rain bands and eyewall, I mean it’s not everyday you see a storm like this, it’s freakish and I don’t want no smoke this hurricane season, keep this away from us please god 8F99ADB2-C317-4F94-AE2C-07A200F47270.png56E361FD-E029-4019-9A7C-213F9DBC2543.png

Last edited:
Absolutely.
I took a final exam my senior year of college. The professor handed out an essay; the instructions were to read it and comment in detail. I read it. I commented in detail. Wrote one word and turned it in: "Absolutely". Got the only A in the class. Hence my love of that word when used in the right context ...

Back