• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I really do too. Honestly, I haven't followed college football much this year, outside of simply knowing who the top teams were. I just know from years of watching primarily ACC play that Clemson games are just unpredictable for some reason. They should clearly win and they find a way to lose. They should clearly lose and they win. It's just weird. But Burrow's play this season, I mean. He is just THE man. You guys are going to be extremely tough to beat. I just don't see how Clemson stops that offense...on paper, it looks like a cakewalk.

Brent Venables. That’s how you stop a high powered offense. I’m not saying they will, but if they do, it’s because Brent Venables worked a good game plan. He made adjustments throughout the game after that first quarter. They became a bend and not break defense.

I really do too. Honestly, I haven't followed college football much this year, outside of simply knowing who the top teams were. I just know from years of watching primarily ACC play that Clemson games are just unpredictable for some reason. They should clearly win and they find a way to lose. They should clearly lose and they win. It's just weird. But Burrow's play this season, I mean. He is just THE man. You guys are going to be extremely tough to beat. I just don't see how Clemson stops that offense...on paper, it looks like a cakewalk.

I’ve been a Clemson fan since 1978. I’m an old guy (49) and have been through the good times (Danny Ford ) the mediocre times (Tommy Bowden) the bad times (Ken Hatfield and Tommy West) and the rise to greatness under Dabo.

I’ve seen great defenses from the 1980’s under Danny Ford with the Fridge and Terry Kinard, but this group the last couple of years has been amazing. What Venables gets out of those guys makes him well worth the $1.75 million a year he’s paid.

Back