• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
This is the worst Dec 10 through Feb 1 since 2012. And in mid-Feb 2012 we had a nice little event. People outside of central NC this will go down as an all time clunker. No stopping it now.

The only bigger clunkers are all those crappy winters in the 1990s. This was the biggest storm of 1991-92 east of the mountains:

Sad to say this but we can clunk a lot harder than this year :(
January 19-20 1992 NC Snowmap.png

Christmas 2010 would easily be my favorite one (La Fayette, GA) but because of obvious reasons, it wasn't. So I'll go in a different direction given things and say 1/28/14 was my favorite, which I've already talked about a few times. It would not have been though if I was one of those people stuck in traffic.

Not the biggest snow event I've experienced but everything surrounding that event was crazy. At one point at my location then I was at 19 with snow. Earlier in the event I'd slip and fall because the road behind the dorms was already turning into ice. Watching a little bit of blowing snow in the morning when I went to grab something for breakfast, then watching a truck struggle to move for a few minutes on an ice skating rink caliber road that I had to shuffle down.

Actually to go even further, 13/14 is easily my favorite winter, but it would not have been if I was down at home. My parents did get snow, oh yes (my dad actually measured 2" with the first winter storm), but the ice storm was just a total nuisance for them, and it was for my friend too.

How does the severe season look like so far or can you tell this far out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably gonna stink really bad if you like tracking the stuff. Not only will the blocking finally show up in March and April, the STJ will probably kill any decent EML.

So yes, it could possibly be a continuation of the miserable pattern we are in which is warm enough to prevent snow, cool enough to prevent severe weather, and wet enough to kill every single dadgum weekend.

Probably gonna stink really bad if you like tracking the stuff. Not only will the blocking finally show up in March and April, the STJ will probably kill any decent EML.

So yes, it could possibly be a continuation of the miserable pattern we are in which is warm enough to prevent snow, cool enough to prevent severe weather, and wet enough to kill every single dadgum weekend.

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. There is nothing but rain it seems. Severe weather season will be all rain. No major outbreaks. Hurricane season? All rain there too as the El-nino blocks all the major storms, but I'm sure many would be grateful for it then. Fall? Rain. December? Rain again! Our lakes will be overflowing and our sanity gone. Our minds will become like the mud the rain crates.

Yep. There is nothing but rain it seems. Severe weather season will be all rain. No major outbreaks. Hurricane season? All rain there too as the El-nino blocks all the major storms, but I'm sure many would be grateful for it then. Fall? Rain. December? Rain again! Our lakes will be overflowing and our sanity gone. Our minds will become like the mud the rain crates.

You forgot mosquitoes....

Winter 2020-21 FTW :rolleyes:

Just walked accross the farm in basketball shorts and a T-shirt. Some cold snap this is. Next

Hurricane season has been crazy lately i feel like we are due for a dead year

The tornadoes stopped a few years ago

Back