• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Lol we got an email at work to the whole company saying to prepare for the coming extreme cold. I could not let that slide. I had to reply to all with the actual forecast, saying the fortunately, it was a run-of-the-mill winter cold snap.

Lol we got an email at work to the whole company saying to prepare for the coming extreme cold. I could not let that slide. I had to reply to all with the actual forecast, saying the fortunately, it was a run-of-the-mill winter cold snap.
You’re the hero we need but don’t deserve. Fight the good fight

You know it’s a sh&&&& winter when there is record cold on our side of the planet and we still hit 41 degrees . Someone wake me when this horrible winter is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really astonishing to me that Chicago is talking about the coldest day maybe ever and here we are its just another boring front in this awful winter I'm just done

is that the front in Lillington? What’s the best filter to use for this?
D1B40EAF-1827-44C6-9074-DEC69036A5E4.jpeg

Attachments

• 58016C4C-5997-4502-93F9-938A75B0D065.jpeg
    58016C4C-5997-4502-93F9-938A75B0D065.jpeg
    721.5 KB · Views: 9
Welp, I’m pretty upset over the storm, but it was a learning lesson for sure. Good thing is I just closed out about 18 tabs on my laptop and computer from all sorts of weather related websites. This winter has just been absolutely awful.

I had two surprise dustings this winter before yesterday’s bust, and they both came when barely flurries were mentioned. Mets had my backyard forecasted anywhere from 1-4 inches and I didn’t even receive a light dusting with this one. The amount of time looking at “ghost” storms and chasing a storm that never was is draining. I think I’ll just sit back and watch for awhile, but I’m about ready for turkey season, March madness, and some good golfing weather. I also need to focus on my job a bit more, lol.

Your services are no longer needed, you may pack your things and move on...

Really heartwarming to see the MA forum doing so well with the frontal passage. I can rest easy tonight

Friggin sad this is the last 4"+ event in March for both before that ULL in 2009.

View attachment 14310

Before that obviously one of the greatest snowstorms of all-time second to only storms like 1927 in the state as a whole.

This map from RAH actually has several errors in it, especially in southeastern NC, needs to be amended for sure. Fayetteville for ex picked up 11" and there were near 30" amounts in/around Carteret county.
View attachment 14311

This is still hard to believe...35 years since last 4” event. We had 83, 80, 69, 60 in that 23 year period. Maybe a couple of others?

Going back and just reminiscing on that Feb 12, 2010 storm. I tell ya, there wasn't a better storm than that in my life time. Storm hit on a Friday, started in the afternoon and went to just after midnight. What a great memory. It didn't cause any damage or anything bad. Just a nice beautiful snowfall. Opening ceremonies were going on that night too. That was my senior year in high school. Good memories. I hope I can share a storm like that with my two little girls one day. We got 7-8 inches of snow that night and CAE just happened to be the jackpot of the entire storm.. good times, feels like a lifetime ago.

2010 was the last year we had any true snow. It's been going on 9 years this coming December.
2014's ice/sleet fest doesn't count to me.

This is still hard to believe...35 years since last 4” event. We had 83, 80, 69, 60 in that 23 year period. Maybe a couple of others?

Inside Wake County there were 4" totals in this storm in late March 1971. Of course on that exact same day for the next 2 of 3 years a significant accumulating snow occurred (1972, 1974) which in of itself given how crappy late March climo is/was even a cooler climate is nuts.
March 25-26 1971 NC Snow map.png

Really tough that 2/20 might be a realistic next time frame for anything. Even more impressive is possibly going 2.5 calendar months in winter with a true 0. Even some of the worst years threw out some flurries

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is the worst Dec 10 through Feb 1 since 2012. And in mid-Feb 2012 we had a nice little event. People outside of central NC this will go down as an all time clunker. No stopping it now.

Back