• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

After an epic early December snowstorm, RDU looks well on its way to its first snow-free January since 2012. Looks like won't even get a flurry tonight on the back side of the front. At least parts of AL/GA/western NC had a flurry or two this month, we had nothing. It sucks! To add insult to injury, the much-predicted very cold February looks like it will bust, and next week we could see highs above 70°F. Ugh!

Remember when JB was talking about the coldest 45 day period on record? Only the Midwest looks like it will be significantly BN, we suck at Arctic outbreaks too it seems. Expected to bottom out at about 20°F this week, that just isn't extreme cold to me. Not only do I expect the February "much below average" forecasts to bust, I also think the month is likely going to end up AN. Watch March be BN and we get a few flizzards like last year.

Remember when JB was talking about the coldest 45 day period on record? Only the Midwest looks like it will be significantly BN, we suck at Arctic outbreaks too it seems. Expected to bottom out at about 20°F this week, that just isn't extreme cold to me. Not only do I expect the February "much below average" forecasts to bust, I also think the month is likely going to end up AN. Watch March be BN and we get a few flizzards like last year.

It was definitely a flizzard fest in March & right into April. NW of Raleigh had legitimate snow.
March 12 2018 NC Snowmap.png

March 13-14 2018 NC Snowmap.png
March 20-21 2018 NC Snowmap.png
March 24-25 2018 NC Snowmap.png
April 7-8 2018 NC Snowmap.png

After mid February it's basically over for winter storm opportunities down here in the Deep South. Sun angle gets higher and lately Februarys have been warm. I'm just thankful I got to see flakes flying at 2 am this morning. I drove over 2 hours to spend the night in the jackpot zone and only saw a dusting. I should have known that you can't count on epic snowstorms with a frontal system. On to the fantasy storms!

You know it’s a sh&&&& winter when there is record cold on our side of the planet and we still hit 41 degrees . Someone wake me when this horrible winter is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously. We just spent a week tracking the most marginal piece of crap scenario where we could EVER get accumulating snow fall. I mean literally the worst.

I wish so badly that the GFS had just killed the look over the weekend so I didn’t sacrifice a minute of sleep for that crap.

I may have to log out and delete the app for a while. Like maybe till next fall.

Right after the 18z...

Seriously. We just spent a week tracking the most marginal piece of crap scenario where we could EVER get accumulating snow fall. I mean literally the worst.

I wish so badly that the GFS had just killed the look over the weekend so I didn’t sacrifice a minute of sleep for that crap.

I may have to log out and delete the app for a while. Like maybe till next fall.

Right after the 18z...

Haha....you should know not to stay up for cold front snow. You gotta own that mistake! :)

Back