• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Any tips on starting a garden? I'm looking to plant stuff like basil, tomatoes, etc.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
Got to put in a lot of work. Getting soil ready, fighting off bugs and disease. I consider myself a decent gardener, and I struggle with tomatoes every year. Then the hornworms get em! Hot peppers grow well, bell peppers not so much! You just about can’t kill basil, just have well drained soil. Grew cucumbers for the first time last year, they were very successful! Keep good water on stuff from a drip hose, water splashing up on tomatoes and stuff, from overhead watering,is bad. Keep everything fertilized well. If you don’t soil test, just use 10-10-10 fertilizer

Important reminder: Weeklies out this evening and will like on Monday be an hour later due to DST. So, don't panic if you don't see them by 6 PM ET.
Is winter over? Let's see what the weeklies tell us.
It never even existed... like an imaginary friend or enemy... NEVER LIVED TO START WITH

If you're mad at somebody enough to cuss them, but don't want to get in trouble for using profanity in public, just replace F you with:
"Dry slot you!"

Got to put in a lot of work. Getting soil ready, fighting off bugs and disease. I consider myself a decent gardener, and I struggle with tomatoes every year. Then the hornworms get em! Hot peppers grow well, bell peppers not so much! You just about can’t kill basil, just have well drained soil. Grew cucumbers for the first time last year, they were very successful! Keep good water on stuff from a drip hose, water splashing up on tomatoes and stuff, from overhead watering,is bad. Keep everything fertilized well. If you don’t soil test, just use 10-10-10 fertilizer
If there's a chicken farm nearby you have access to the best fertilizer in the world.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm starting to wonder if I just got myself into a point where I'm physically harming myself and not really knowing it. I got addicted to rubbing the ear flap to itch years ago, and it's gotten to the point over the last year where I do it vigorously and it stops up the ear, but I can't stop doing it. And now for some reason I got into using stethoscope earbuds to itch those ears.

I've gotten into a bad, freaking habit. I was hoping that THIS time I got my ears flushed out would be the last, but it probably won't be now. I feel like I need an ENT and a psychiatrist. And it hasn't been a week since I last got them flushed out!

Vent over.

I'm starting to wonder if I just got myself into a point where I'm physically harming myself and not really knowing it. I got addicted to rubbing the ear flap to itch years ago, and it's gotten to the point over the last year where I do it vigorously and it stops up the ear, but I can't stop doing it. And now for some reason I got into using stethoscope earbuds to itch those ears.

I've gotten into a bad, freaking habit. I was hoping that THIS time I got my ears flushed out would be the last, but it probably won't be now. I feel like I need an ENT and a psychiatrist. And it hasn't been a week since I last got them flushed out!

Vent over.
I hope it's not harmful, because I've been doing the same thing. :eek:

This severe weather for Dixie Alley has already been something else this spring. We have had 4 threats the past 3 weeks, with 2 of them producing several tornadoes. Feels like we already have more tornadoes rn that all of last year.

This severe weather for Dixie Alley has already been something else this spring. We have had 4 threats the past 3 weeks, with 2 of them producing several tornadoes. Feels like we already have more tornadoes rn that all of last year.
And if the FV3 is any bit right per the latest run, add 2 to that the next 2 weeks. Same system looks with strong lows crossing through MO and large strong fronts with heat. The GFS looks close to this too but not as strong.

Looking forward to a week's worth of near perfect walking wx starting tomorrow with very little or no rain, below normal temps of highs of 60s to near 70, lows in the 40s, and dewpoints 40s and lower. I LOVE +PNAs! :)

Last edited:
11 years ago Atlanta go hit by an EF2 Tornado in the middle of the SEC Basketball tournament. WSB put out a article about it..

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...d_OH76gv6bmVvgUUmNJGN7Xh9bF8sYycs126qjth4ywgY
Yeah, ESPN has an outstanding SEC Storied called Miracle 3 about that night. Alabama was trailing Miss St by 3 points with seconds to play when Mykal Riley literally threw up a Miracle 3 pointer to tie the game and send it to overtime. Authorities truly believe by extending the game it prevented thousands of people from leaving the Georgia Dome and walking out into the Tornado and debris. Probably prevented countless injuries and maybe deaths. Great show if you can catch it. They aired it again earlier this week.

Ironically, at the end of OT, after a long delay due to the storm and some damage to the Dome, Mikal missed a wide open 3 pointer to win the game.

Back