• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Looks like some late arriving cold to me. Pass

Still pretty incredible that a map like this could even happen. I’ve seen some great 384hr snowstorms that weren’t this good

@Tarheel1 how much rain fell before the snow started to fall at your house? At least TR got a foot ?☹️
C6BC5EE6-B9A6-4E3D-9BF1-BF52ACD26884.jpeg

Any thing on models past 2-3 days is not gonna happen. Funny gets colder some say for early summer. Well eventually if one says it gonna get colder. It will right? When did it start October that this winter is going to be cold? We can’t trust models so why trust anything but looking out our own windows.

Looks like some late arriving cold to me. Pass

Still pretty incredible that a map like this could even happen. I’ve seen some great 384hr snowstorms that weren’t this good

@Tarheel1 how much rain fell before the snow started to fall at your house? At least TR got a foot ?☹️
View attachment 17694
I was literally rain until noon Saturday. Was living in Gastonia at the time! Switch over was quick after that, but accums were less than an inch, all hype, no go there! Friday night sleet mixed in for about an hour, I thought it was game on, but it was simply game over! ?

Nashville missed that one, but got about 1.5 from the surprise event on March 11, 2 years ago
It’s funny because I missed the snow Nashville and places west got in 2017. The moisture just didn’t come over my area with that one from 2017. I believe some spots in west Tennessee received 3-4 inches that of course was gone by evening.

80 mph winds reported near the airport, so yeah to say the least. Tornado sirens were apparently pretty widespread after that report

Blew the roof off the Amazon warehouse

I live further east and the winds were much lower here
Derecho?

doubtful, the extreme winds were very limited in scope honestly, just happened over a very populated area

I wouldn't be surprised if some weak tornadoes are found too

The line itself otherwise was barely severe for the most part

The text only had winds up to 65 mph before that so I think even the forecasters were probably surprised

Last edited:
Truly don't mind doing it ... but ... before starting a thread, please make sure it's worth it and if you start one, please tag it (Blue, Red, etc ...) ... then I can keep the Wiki up to date ... doing my damndest to keep it current but with a thread here and there ... pardon if I miss archiving one or two ...

Truly don't mind doing it ... but ... before starting a thread, please make sure it's worth it and if you start one, please tag it (Blue, Red, etc ...) ... then I can keep the Wiki up to date ... doing my damndest to keep it current but with a thread here and there ... pardon if I miss archiving one or two ...
Color tagging can only be done by a moderator or admin, so I'll update those.

5678d8417aad3f3a783ae648f7f2b31b.jpg
#winning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This from the overly cold biased FV3..... thank goodness, it's ova, nail in coffin, finished, finito, done, concluded, that's a wrap and good riddance. Bring on Spring please and all the pollen and stinging insects that come with it.

fv3p_asnow_us_41.png
Hi
7386b99075d335ed6f602067bc718384.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

doubtful, the extreme winds were very limited in scope honestly, just happened over a very populated area

I wouldn't be surprised if some weak tornadoes are found too

The line itself otherwise was barely severe for the most part

The text only had winds up to 65 mph before that so I think even the forecasters were probably surprised

How was it in Arlington ? My son lives there.

Important reminder: Weeklies out this evening and will like on Monday be an hour later due to DST. So, don't panic if you don't see them by 6 PM ET.
Is winter over? Let's see what the weeklies tell us.

Back