• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Am I literally the only person that likes the DST system the way it currently is? That's how I feel.
Nah I'm actually fine with it..... I look forward to extending daylight by 1 hour each year and oddly enough I enjoy seeing it get dark earlier as we head into Winter. It works and there are bigger issues to get riled up about imo

I agree, but in the case that DST was done away with, I'd prefer my location be added to EST rather than CST.
I have family near Troy AL, and the sun is going down at like 4:45 around thanksgiving. Sometimes it feels like they should be in EST

Nah I'm actually fine with it..... I look forward to extending daylight by 1 hour each year and oddly enough I enjoy seeing it get dark earlier as we head into Winter. It works and there are bigger issues to get riled up about imo
If DST were to be eliminated/extended, we would either lose an hour of daylight in winter mornings or summer evenings, which is a point the critics of it don't seem to bring up often. I like it as is: early sunsets in winter, late sunsets in summer.

I have family near Troy AL, and the sun is going down at like 4:45 around thanksgiving. Sometimes it feels like they should be in EST
Now the time zones, that is another interesting feature isn't it? I mean look at this map, one would think the lines would be straight (I know other issues at play) but from a "exact time the sun rises, sets" stand point, I'm sure the earth rotation isn't wobbling this much Lol

US-Timezones-post-2007.png

Now the time zones, that is another interesting feature isn't it? I mean look at this map, one would think the lines would be straight (I know other issues at play) but from a "exact time the sun rises, sets" stand point, I'm sure the earth rotation isn't wobbling this much Lol

US-Timezones-post-2007.png
Ooh that reminds me, on my trip out west (Grand Canyon/Zion/Bryce Canyon/Mesa Verde) I don't think I ever truly knew what time it was when we were in Arizona. Their time zones are so confusing

Personally i wish we would do away with DST the sunset goes to 840 here in the summer lol still some light at 9pm

Like i get its summer but thats a bit much especially when its 100 degrees out

Personally i wish we would do away with DST the sunset goes to 840 here in the summer lol still some light at 9pm

Like i get its summer but thats a bit much especially when its 100 degrees out

More time to swim and golf the better. I wish it was light 16 hrs and dark 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm now being reminded that the worst aspect of the switch this weekend to DST is that the Euro Weeklies are going to be out an hour later starting today. I'm sorry to have to relay this bad news. :( For some reason, I've been forgetting about them recently, That's not like me.
Anyway, they'll be out within the hour though I won't see them for 2 hours most likely.

JB prob right because when the rain stops it’s really going to stop and torch. Prob major wildfires this Fall/Winter. Call 911 if you see new wildfire.
Yeah I'll totally be calling 911 when a 100 year fire event happens again during the massive deluge :rolleyes:. Just like I called 911 when I saw the pellet flakes falling.

Back