• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

It would be nice if we could dry out for a couple weeks. I need to throw some seed out. My yard looks like dog excrement
I put down some tall fescue seed a few days ago when temps were in the upper 60s and we were due to get some rain the next day. Of course we barely got any and don’t have any in sight for a good while. I can’t even remember the last time I was looking at extended dry conditions of a week or more. It damn sure wasn’t last summer when I had to mow literally every 5 days for the whole season. Then to top it off the forecast is showing me getting to freezing or slightly below every morning for the better part of this next week. Forecast was for 31-32 this morning and I ended up at 30 degrees by 1am with a low of 26 this morning. I don’t know if this will kill the seeds but it can’t be good for them.

I put down some tall fescue seed a few days ago when temps were in the upper 60s and we were due to get some rain the next day. Of course we barely got any and don’t have any in sight for a good while. I can’t even remember the last time I was looking at extended dry conditions of a week or more. It damn sure wasn’t last summer when I had to mow literally every 5 days for the whole season. Then to top it off the forecast is showing me getting to freezing or slightly below every morning for the better part of this next week. Forecast was for 31-32 this morning and I ended up at 30 degrees by 1am with a low of 26 this morning. I don’t know if this will kill the seeds but it can’t be good for them.
cold won't kill seed ... if they haven't germinated, you should be good.

Na that won’t kill seed. You really can’t kill seed. Flooding rains are the main threat to was it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the severe wx junkies, I finally stopped procrastinating and uploaded the rest of that tornado outbreak coverage I mentioned here last month from February 2009. You can watch it in this playlist if you're interested. Lots of interesting stuff stood out to me like the creepy robotic EAS bulletin narrator reading the Tornado Warnings. If you had Comcast as a cable provider back then, it automatically interrupted regular programming (local or cable channels) to play this EAS weather bulletin if our county was under an active Tornado Warning. Part 4 has an example of this if you skip to around 7:35 into the video.

I recently looked through my Google Cloud and I also have a little bit of video coverage of the April 27, 2011 Super Outbreak and Aftermath coverage, January 9-11, 2011 Snowstorm coverage, Snowjam 2014, Tropical Storm Lee (2011), Great Atlanta Flood of 2009, and Triple Digit Heat Wave of 2012 (The Weather Channel) if there's any interest in that as well.

EDIT: This was also on the same VHS tape, since I was recording on a blank tape in real-time I forgot that if I flip back and forth between other channels the VCR would record those channels as well. That's why the coverage from WSB-TV may be missing some footage in between each part. I was watching this channel and The Weather Channel.

Last edited:
RIP winter 18/19! You were truly a great one!! 4D9839D2-2FD3-4FD3-BAB9-C824D042AE29.png

Atleast this can still happen, but not in winter! The CAD coming in stronger than forecast!?
Fire danger, lol! We’re like 2000% above normal rainfall!F2D51A3B-17FF-421E-81B4-435E4A587E37.png

Back