• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Another cold day here. Highs in the 30s and now there's some flurry activity. I for one am looking forward to spring. Hopefully it flips really quickly towards mid month.

at least next winter I'll have zero expectations after this dumpster fire

Thats the only positive I come up with on the last day of our "snowiest" month and met winter

I'm predicting most will still have decent expectations no matter what they say now out of frustration because that's human nature. As a matter of fact, I bet there will be a fair number who will be optimistic that 2019-20 will have a good chance to make up for 2018-9 because we're "due". If it is another El Nino, these expectations will probably be even higher. Even if La Nina, there will be those who will predict they will do well because they like La Nina better due to 2010-1 and 2017-8 despite longterm climo saying otherwise

By the way, I'm predicting right now that JB will go cold and wintry for most of the E US despite what I think was easily his worst ever E US DJF temp. forecast. He missed much of the SE by a whopping 8+ degrees!!

I'm predicting most will still have decent expectations no matter what they say now out of frustration because that's human nature. As a matter of fact, I bet there will be a fair number who will be optimistic that 2019-20 will have a good chance to make up for 2018-9 because we're "due". If it is another El Nino, these expectations will probably be even higher. Even if La Nina, there will be those who will predict they will do well because they like La Nina better due to 2010-1 and 2017-8 despite longterm climo saying otherwise

By the way, I'm predicting right now that JB will go cold and wintry for most of the E US despite what I think was easily his worst ever E US DJF temp. forecast. He missed much of the SE by a whopping 8+ degrees!!

does JB ever NOT go cold/snowy for the east? :p

Well look at that, were wedging and EMLing ?⚡ look at that near dry adiabatic lapse rate, could I see hail from that ?! That’s a steep lapse rate
FD4C329F-1A9C-402E-B3A3-EE7B5BFA4AB6.jpeg

does JB ever NOT go cold/snowy for the east? :p

Good point. I think there were a couple where he was near normal though I don't recall him ever predicting anything ever close to an outright torch. If he ever did, he'd probably update his forecast to colder at the first sign of cold.
It isn't just that he blew it. Many others also blew it. But he was also in denial until into Feb in his not giving up "delayed but not denied" mode despite the math saying it would as of then taken way colder than anything on record to get his forecast close.

At least the canes playing good give me something to cheer for in light of how crappy the weather has been of late. Somehow, we've been in a playoff spot for a while and there's less than 20 games to go in the season.

I'm sure they'll find a way to screw this up like they do every season and every winter storm around here
View attachment 16941

Canes play MY Stl Blues Friday on Fox Sports South. Identical records. Canes are my second favorite team. ;)

I think JB would of still been off without a SER as extreme as he went.

Unless it's a strong Nino I'll definitely have higher expectations, which will probably get the rug pulled out from underneath me. Right now I'm hopeful it's moderate though.

If it's a strong Nino or honestly a Nina it's going to be a winter similar to 11/12 for me. Keep expectations at 0. (10/11 was similar but we know what happened)

Unless it's a strong Nino I'll definitely have higher expectations, which will probably get the rug pulled out from underneath me. Right now I'm hopeful it's moderate though.

If it's a strong Nino or honestly a Nina it's going to be a winter similar to 11/12 for me. Keep expectations at 0. (10/11 was similar but we know what happened)

At KATL, all strong/superstrong El Ninos but 2015-6 were colder than 2018-9 in DJF, and ALL had more wintry precip. there.

Back