• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I was looking over the thread for the severe threat on the 23rd, and it made me wonder something. I wonder why we don't have posters from VA, MS, LA, AR, and KY here? We have a couple from TN and FL. But it's mostly NC, SC, GA, and AL. I don't recall seeing anyone from those other states.

Anybody want to throw up a little thread explaining soundings? Post some examples, give details of what each item means... @Myfrotho704_ I like your explanations, the images you use. I can read soundings to some degree but would love to know more.. @Webberweather53 @SD @Rain Cold or anyone else? All I ask is we don't clutter it up with useless info, learn from it... what y'all think?

Certainly not a bad idea, the SPC has a decent page on those who are beginners w/ soundings/skew T plots.
https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/soundings/help/index.html

It could be an educational thread, throw some H5 maps in there explaining what to look for, confluence, cross polar flow, split flow, etc... hmm something to think about

Also a very good point! It's something we could add to a little bit every day, we don't have to put everything on there at once.

Good idea on the H5/Sounding thread. There’s not enough of that. When you’re a beginner it can be intimidating to a degree. That’s a big reason people choose to lurk rather than getting involved in convo. Everything I know I’ve had to pick up little by little along the way and it can be frustrating..and I still don’t know enough!!

I remember one year I was on the other forum and I was strictly a surface map goober. We were tracking a snowstorm for several days, with run after run of major hit. That night when the 00z GFS was running I let out a premature “INCOMING!” and that run ended up being a big 34 degree rainstorm...and the storm never came back ☹️?‍♂️

It’s like a comic con nerd fest in this thread!
Yall telling me you didn't get into Dragon ball z or Pokémon or anything? if not, your childhood was either terrible or you probably are over 35, in which in that case. Your loss. Lol

I have to wonder at the rate we are getting rain here and the likely development of another El-Nino if we are going to break the rainfall record here in ATL again this year. We were second last year and ATL is at 125% of its rainfall so far this year. I'm at about 150% and still several more days of rain ahead.

I don’t even bother watching a gfs run until I’ve seen the gefs. That’s just how bad it’s gotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hrrr is the worst short range model ever, never had me going above 200 jkg of MUcape last night, I ended up with 1300+ lol

Here you go Phil!
c0320fb4824184f4dff2f3cea25fe557.jpg

3c92c8c25608e2280d75ce4d5d8568f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back