• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Incredible given temperatures right now. Where is the instability If i may ask?
View attachment 16101

On top of this inversion, these storms develop off MUcape or MU parcels, area at 850 hPa and above is favorable for convection, reason for loud thunder is becuase sound gets trapped under the inversion and sound is enhanced under the inversion 46E0B187-198E-4CC2-9C24-178507FE5241.jpeg

On top of this inversion, these storms develop off MUcape or MU parcels, area at 850 hPa and above is favorable for convection, reason for loud thunder is becuase sound gets trapped under the inversion and sound is enhanced under the inversion View attachment 16106
Man I suck at soundings ☹️ I need some good YouTube videos. I’m a visual learner. I tried to learn years ago but was impatient bc 99/100 I’m reading rain soundings around here so what’s the point ?

Man I suck at soundings ☹️ I need some good YouTube videos. I’m a visual learner. I tried to learn years ago but was impatient bc 99/100 I’m reading rain soundings around here so what’s the point ?

don’t worry.... I suck at math ? and all we see is soundings with a giant warm nose 95% of the time and then our typical microburst soundings

I don't think I have to ask whether or not a lot of folks are staying up for the King. Wx hobbyists throughout the US cannot sleep right now. Too much excitement about potential.

Taking out the trash is gonna suck, our bins are in the side of the house, and that area always gets swampy when it rains.

Snowing for the 3rd time this winter in Las Vegas

If i wasnt done with this winter already i am now:rolleyes:

Could careless what March brings at this point
Yeah you know it's bad for us when las Vegas see snow including Seattle. It's just not our year in the southeast this winter pure bust

For the 3rd time in 10 days, snow is falling in Las Vegas, and about 0.5" of snow has accumulated on the Vegas strip as of a few hours ago, the last accumulating snow in Vegas was in Dec 2008. To put things into perspective, the snowfall climatology in Las Vegas is virtually the same as in Macon, GA @deltadog03. Yea, this is a big deal...

The guys out west have been killing it. This is all natural, no ski guns. Check out current snowpack:

NDITIONS

• 2/20 7:49 AM
  • Projected Opening - Projected Closing
    11/10 - 7/4

• SNOW DEPTHS

• Upper:
      225"
      Packed Powder
    • Middle:
      190"
    • Lower:
      150"
      Machine Groomed
  • WEATHER
    • Summit | 11053ft

4°F

NE
      6mph
    • Base | 7953ft

11°F

NE
      6mp

Kick ass storm here this morning! Rain coming down in sheets with violent lightning and BIG booms of thunder. This is awesome!
47CE532B-EF5A-44BB-BEEB-63099F36622A.jpeg

Kick ass storm here this morning! Rain coming down in sheets with violent lightning and BIG booms of thunder. This is awesome!
View attachment 16125
I have the biggest puddles of the winter!! Atleast I can bullseye with T storms in mid February! They will be missing my house by half mile in August!F909AAF2-65A2-47DC-959A-60EEE89AAF25.png

Awakened by thunder and lightning around 3:00 a.m. this morning,. Got in to the fun everyone else has had 35゚ thunderstorms. Can't get good thunderstorms like that at night in the summer time anymore haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back