• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I have lived here in NC for 54 years and I know better than to call winter over on Feb 13th. However, with the look of the LR models, I am beginning to think that it might just be finished. I'll give it one more week and if the LR still looks like it does now, I will be in severe weather mode.
I hear you and I’ve seen those birds leave too soon before. This season has late freezes written all over it and I never write off snow til early April but I hate relying on ULLs.

Very strange. I recall he took a leave of absence last year too. His tweets have been very political as of late and not wx focused. Not sure what happened or what’s going on, but if it’s anything regarding any type of “personnel” issue with a female coworker, we will find out.

WRAL being tight lipped + odd resignation statement from Fishel = something sketchy.

The “I take full responsibility for my actions” part doesn’t sit well...

Hope not, but just a feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing. It sure sounds like something happened. Either inappropriate conduct, alcohol, drugs, mental illness, something along those lines.

I also saw an article from the News & Observer that said this:

In an interview on Wednesday, WRAL vice president and general manager Joel Davis declined to give specifics regarding Fishel’s departure, but said that “the way it played out it would have been impossible for him to continue here, but he offered up his resignation. … At the end of the day what I can say is that it was imperative from my point of view that it be clear that this was due to a personnel matter. This is something that was not the station’s doing.”

I thought the same thing. It sure sounds like something happened. Either inappropriate conduct, alcohol, drugs, mental illness, something along those lines.

I also saw an article from the News & Observer that said this:

In an interview on Wednesday, WRAL vice president and general manager Joel Davis declined to give specifics regarding Fishel’s departure, but said that “the way it played out it would have been impossible for him to continue here, but he offered up his resignation. … At the end of the day what I can say is that it was imperative from my point of view that it be clear that this was due to a personnel matter. This is something that was not the station’s doing.”
Does it matter ... outside of a limited broadcast range ... if even there ... ?????

Yes given hes one of the biggest household names in central nc and generally respected in the weather community

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
precisely ... a specific geo location ... like me posting about a local met in Gainesville ...

Wral loses Nate johnson, mike moss and fish in about 12 months, crazy. If i had finished at Mississippi state i would be hand delivering my resume tomorrow

Still got Maze, Gardner, Kat Campbell and Aimee

precisely ... a specific geo location ... like me posting about a local met in Gainesville ...

He’s nationally recognized. First certified broadcast met in the United States. He helped develop the certification itself. One of the best and very well known meteorologists in the country. It’s big local news but national Mets will be talking as well.

He’s nationally recognized. First certified broadcast met in the United States. He helped develop the certification itself. One of the best and very well known meteorologists in the country. It’s big local news but national Mets will be talking as well.

I interned with him when I was at State and kept of for a long time after. He is a genuinely nice guy and fun to be around. He knows his stuff and will be missed.

Sorry ... but this is too localized ...
But I'll retire and be quiet ...

Sorry ... but this is too localized ...
But I'll retire and be quiet ...

Pretty sure there’s posts talking about snow in a non-southeast state all the time in here, but I digress. Cheers Phil!

I interned with him when I was at State and kept of for a long time after. He is a genuinely nice guy and fun to be around. He knows his stuff and will be missed.
Dude that's awesome, what's your degree in from state?

Pretty sure there’s posts talking about snow in a non-southeast state all the time in here, but I digress. Cheers Phil!

Cheers back ... but Dallas to Savannah to Indiana to Tennessee ... for the life of me, I thought/think this is/was a community about weather ... not about a localized met ... and btw ... JAX has some great ones ... but then I suppose Dallas, Savannah, IndianaNoPlace, Nashville, and places in between do as well ... unless we're cowering into our own neighborhoods ...
Cheers, Jon ...

Reactions: Jon
Cheers back ... but Dallas to Savannah to Indiana to Tennessee ... for the life of me, I thought/think this is/was a community about weather ... not about a localized met ... and btw ... JAX has some great ones ... but then I suppose Dallas, Savannah, IndianaNoPlace, Nashville, and places in between do as well ... unless we're cowering into our own neighborhoods ...
Cheers, Jon ...
Apparently I'm missing something. Folks post regarding their local mets here all the time.

Apparently I'm missing something. Folks post regarding their local mets here all the time.

about what local mets say ... has to do with weather ... not a deluge about their supposed personal life ... BIG difference ...

The weather ladies on that Mexican channel are fantastic. Makes me want to learn Spanish or at least 4 words in Spanish.

Back