• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I’m hearing it was solely a personal issue and nothing to do with anything inappropriate with another staff member, so that is good to hear and should reassure some. Unfortunately any hint would be very specific so I’m not willing to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he gets help with whatever it is. The way it sounds, though, is he was forced to resign, and it must have been something that carried over to the job.

Reactions: Jon
I am seriously stunned and crushed by Fishel resigning, and confused about what happened. I grew up watching him, and his enthusiasm for the weather and willingness to explain things was one reason I became so interested in the weather myself.
Me too I grew up and learned a lot just listening to him

Wral loses Nate johnson, mike moss and fish in about 12 months, crazy. If i had finished at Mississippi state i would be hand delivering my resume tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I may have mentioned this before but in HS I wanted to be a meteorologist (hence the userid lol). Anyway I took a shot and actually called WRAL around '88, Fish talked to me and was as nice as could be. Encouraged me to pursue it and what schools I should attend but the dumb stubborn teenager I was, I refused to go to any school ending in State... stupid move. But yeah watched him most of my life, strange situation no doubt. And no better place to discuss it than in a weather forum banter thread

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wonder who will replace Fishel as chief meteorologist. I'd be willing to guess it would be Mike Maze, but it could be Elizabeth Gardner. They also may hire a new meteorologist since they are down to four now. WRAL has lost Nate Johnson, Mike Moss, and now Fishel in a time span of less than one year. I'd say Fishel was the greatest broadcast meteorologist ever for the RDU area, very sad to see this happen.

I wonder who will replace Fishel as chief meteorologist. I'd be willing to guess it would be Mike Maze, but it could be Elizabeth Gardner. They also may hire a new meteorologist since they are down to four now. WRAL has lost Nate Johnson, Mike Moss, and now Fishel in a time span of less than one year. I'd say Fishel was the greatest broadcast meteorologist ever for the RDU area, very sad to see this happen.
Just speculation but something tells me that Maze may not want that job. I'd personally love to see Nate Johnson come back and take the role.

Just speculation but something tells me that Maze may not want that job. I'd personally love to see Nate Johnson come back and take the role.
We will trade you Chris Justice for a pallet of printer paper

Back