• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Cheers back ... but Dallas to Savannah to Indiana to Tennessee ... for the life of me, I thought/think this is/was a community about weather ... not about a localized met ... and btw ... JAX has some great ones ... but then I suppose Dallas, Savannah, IndianaNoPlace, Nashville, and places in between do as well ... unless we're cowering into our own neighborhoods ...
Cheers, Jon ...

Really? This is a weather forum and this is the banter thread. Why would this not be big news to a lot of folks that come here from the Raleigh area? It is about a met that is one of the biggest local mets in the country. Why would it not be appropriate to discuss here?

Really? This is a weather forum and this is the banter thread. Why would this not be big news to a lot of folks that come here from the Raleigh area? It is about a met that is one of the biggest local mets in the country. Why would it not be appropriate to discuss here?

Fish, Spann and Burns are probably the big 3 in the SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude that's awesome, what's your degree in from state?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You know the funny thing about that is, I can’t find my degree. I was seriously in the attic the other day going through a bunch of stuff to throw/give away, and I came across the little folder thing that holds it. I opened it up and there was nothing there. Maybe it was just all a bad dream and didn’t happen? Lol. Only thing I can think is that it’s at my parents’ house somewhere. Anyway, I sell software and do tech consulting now...guess that’s all that really matters! :)

You know the funny thing about that is, I can’t find my degree. I was seriously in the attic the other day going through a bunch of stuff to throw/give away, and I came across the little folder thing that holds it. I opened it up and there was nothing there. Maybe it was just all a bad dream and didn’t happen? Lol. Only thing I can think is that it’s at my parents’ house somewhere. Anyway, I sell software and do tech consulting now...guess that’s all that really matters! :)
Did you go to unc instead?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can completely agree, I took the 5 year plan and can only remember about 1 year worth of events. Beer, beer and hot women are bad for a 20 something year old brain. It was fun though. I should have it paid off in 2099.

I just completed a very enjoyable 3 mike walk. The wx couldn’t have been better for walking! Low 50s, a modest breeze, and dew point near 30. I hope there will be much more of this (say temps of 70 or lower and dry) over the next couple of months before the uncomfies start dominating. Late spring, please!

I just completed a very enjoyable 3 mike walk. The wx couldn’t have been better for walking! Low 50s, a modest breeze, and dew point near 30. I hope there will be much more of this (say temps of 70 or lower and dry) over the next couple of months before the uncomfies start dominating. Late spring, please!

I watched waterworld last night. Just preparing for the next few months.

I can completely agree, I took the 5 year plan and can only remember about 1 year worth of events. Beer, beer and hot women are bad for a 20 something year old brain. It was fun though. I should have it paid off in 2099.

Preach!

I am seriously stunned and crushed by Fishel resigning, and confused about what happened. I grew up watching him, and his enthusiasm for the weather and willingness to explain things was one reason I became so interested in the weather myself.

I am seriously stunned and crushed by Fishel resigning, and confused about what happened. I grew up watching him, and his enthusiasm for the weather and willingness to explain things was one reason I became so interested in the weather myself.
He's 62 years old so he's probably just retiring.

Same here! Watching Greg Fishel was what really got me interested in the weather. I always loved watching him, especially when a winter storm was about to hit the Raleigh area. I met him at the NC State Fair and he seemed like a very nice guy. Guess we won't be getting anymore O'Fishel winter weather outlooks either :(

Nope. It was apparently a personnel matter and apparently he had no choice but to resign.

I’m hearing it was solely a personal issue and nothing to do with anything inappropriate with another staff member, so that is good to hear and should reassure some. Unfortunately any hint would be very specific so I’m not willing to say.

Back