• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Breaking news: my local met just said enjoy your 40’s and rain for 8 of the next 10 days. “It’s the gift that keeps on giving Clark.”

This kind of thing has been going on the whole entire length of time I’ve watched models. I think our expectations may be slightly out of whack.

This. Expectations are way to high by many here including myself. That and forecasting accumulating snow in the south is extremely hard since it rarely happens. I was thinking about it the other day and even in a good or above average winter I might have 1 inch or more of snow on the ground around 7 days a year. In my best ever winters like 2010/2011 and February 2015 I probably had about 20-30 days of 1 inch or more snow on the ground. Most years though you’d make money if you bet on the under on 7 or less days with one inch or more snow on the ground. Outside of the mountains I mostly likely live in one of the best spots in the southeast for consistent snow throughout a winter. Basically when I actually thought about it I realized just how much of a non snowy area I actually live in. It bummed me out a little but as Phil always reminds us it’s just weather. If you really want consistent snowy winters you need to move at least as far north as southeast ridge.

I wont post anymore snow pics again. I promise.
I love looking at snow pictures so post away. It’s just the I hate snow or we’d all hate snow if we lived where you did posts while we are struggling to get flurries is a little frustrating at times. I’m sorry I lost my cool for a minute but I do love living through your snow pictures! I’m not one who would get sick of snow, that’s for sure.

Right with you. Look at the one for my area:
View attachment 15600
I wish it could just be right this once. They have been looking consistently better since last week. This could save the winter that wasn’t kinda of like February 2015. Oh well I know I best hug the model that shows the least snow so as to not get my hopes up.

Back