• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I hate to say it but I know of three L's the Euro has taken specifically for this winter right off the back as well (and maybe even another one or two), but for me, they're L's because I don't have the self control to not look beyond 192 or look at just 500 mb maps, I look at both those maps and the surface maps. I've gotten to the point where I don't take beyond 240 very seriously but that might be as far as I can go.

I hope the next upgrade doesn't end up seemingly being a downgrade for the Euro as the upgrade the Euro got fairly recently hasn't really been one.

I wonder what will ppl do if that snow map was to ever verify

de0a524eaa0776a8cac92cc96b929faf.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what will ppl do if that snow map was to ever verify

As fun as it would be at first, it would be a disaster. If you had 30+ inches of heavy wet snow fall, it would be the winter storm equivalent to 4/27. While everything would shut down, the damage to trees and the powergrid would be staggering. The 9-12 inch snow last year whipped us in East AL, I couldn't imagine the damage three times that amount would bring.

As fun as it would be at first, it would be a disaster. If you had 30+ inches of heavy wet snow fall, it would be the winter storm equivalent to 4/27. While everything would shut down, the damage to trees and the powergrid would be staggering. The 9-12 inch snow last year whipped us in East AL, I couldn't imagine the damage three times that amount would bring.
I agree but it definitely would put an end to this miserable of a winter

Starting to think the delayed release of the FV3 had nothing to do with the gov't shutdown and everything to do with it sucks.....

edit: And saying it sucks is probably a little too extreme, but it sure seems to be showing a severe CAD cold bias and that sucks.

Starting to think the delayed release of the FV3 had nothing to do with the gov't shutdown and everything to do with it sucks.....

edit: And saying it sucks is probably a little too extreme, but it sure seems to be showing a severe CAD cold bias and that sucks.

one can only hope...

Honestly, does anyone really want snow in the spring ? Once March is here, I think pretty much everyone is fed up with winter and ready to move on to some warmer weather.

Honestly, does anyone really want snow in the spring ? Once March is here, I think pretty much everyone is fed up with winter and ready to move on to some warmer weather.
For people who actually live in the Southeast the answer is yes

Back