• Hello, we have changed the default theme for SouthernWX. If you prefer the old look, you can change it back to the "Default" at the bottom of the page in the theme selector. If you have any issues or problems with the new theme, let @Shawn know with a message!
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. But man, Burrow just seems invincible. And it seems this is a deep bunch - Curry came in hot while Helaire was resting. I really think we've got this.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk
I really do too. Honestly, I haven't followed college football much this year, outside of simply knowing who the top teams were. I just know from years of watching primarily ACC play that Clemson games are just unpredictable for some reason. They should clearly win and they find a way to lose. They should clearly lose and they win. It's just weird. But Burrow's play this season, I mean. He is just THE man. You guys are going to be extremely tough to beat. I just don't see how Clemson stops that offense...on paper, it looks like a cakewalk.

ATLwxfan

Reaction score
Sheesh a lot of hurt feelings over in the January thread over Webb explaining the multifaceted influences on the pattern next month. I for one appreciate his understanding of the complexities of forecasting these days even though I am often frustrated by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tramadoc

Reaction score
I really do too. Honestly, I haven't followed college football much this year, outside of simply knowing who the top teams were. I just know from years of watching primarily ACC play that Clemson games are just unpredictable for some reason. They should clearly win and they find a way to lose. They should clearly lose and they win. It's just weird. But Burrow's play this season, I mean. He is just THE man. You guys are going to be extremely tough to beat. I just don't see how Clemson stops that offense...on paper, it looks like a cakewalk.
Brent Venables. That’s how you stop a high powered offense. I’m not saying they will, but if they do, it’s because Brent Venables worked a good game plan. He made adjustments throughout the game after that first quarter. They became a bend and not break defense.

tramadoc

Reaction score
I’ve been a Clemson fan since 1978. I’m an old guy (49) and have been through the good times (Danny Ford ) the mediocre times (Tommy Bowden) the bad times (Ken Hatfield and Tommy West) and the rise to greatness under Dabo.

I’ve seen great defenses from the 1980’s under Danny Ford with the Fridge and Terry Kinard, but this group the last couple of years has been amazing. What Venables gets out of those guys makes him well worth the $1.75 million a year he’s paid.