• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Just curious here. What websites do y'all consider the best/most accurate? Personally I like the NWS's 7 day

I love looking at snow pictures so post away. It’s just the I hate snow or we’d all hate snow if we lived where you did posts while we are struggling to get flurries is a little frustrating at times. I’m sorry I lost my cool for a minute but I do love living through your snow pictures! I’m not one who would get sick of snow, that’s for sure.
Ignore button! Your welcome!

Well I was kinda thinking best all-around, but gimmie your short/med/long range bests
Depends on what sort of weather ... Different models and websites are better at different weather (tropical, severe, and winter, for example); I have my personal favorites (but that's just me); @ForsythSnow has done some incredible model grading in our Wiki, and it might be worth poking around in there to see what has historically worked best in different seasons.
Not trying to dodge your question, as it is a very good one, but it is a tad broad so no specific answer seems to be appropriate.
Hope this helps just a bit ...
Best!
Phil

I think he's asking as a forecast. Like Accuweather, NWS, Wunderground, Weather Channel, etc.

NWS is definitely the go to "most up to date/accurate" source.
In fact, the forecast discussions are better than the basic deal. Here is an example Google query that gets me to the forecast discussion quickly for my area: "KCAE Forecast Discussion"

You'll see the reasoning behind their forecast there, instead of pretty graphics and easy text. Worth a read every morning, imo. A lot of local forecasters read this, and make their forecast off it for the news. For example, most mets and local stations around here only mention Wintry weather or even severe when it's talked about in the forecast discussion from the local NWS.

I think he's asking as a forecast. Like Accuweather, NWS, Wunderground, Weather Channel, etc.

NWS is definitely the go to "most up to date/accurate" source.
In fact, the forecast discussions are better than the basic deal. Here is an example Google query that gets me to the forecast discussion quickly for my area: "KCAE Forecast Discussion"

You'll see the reasoning behind their forecast there, instead of pretty graphics and easy text. Worth a read every morning, imo.
Yeah I usually go look at GSP's discussion. Guess I need to look no further

What a difference 24 hours can make
snku_acc.us_ma.png

snku_acc.us_ma.png

... and exactly 120 years ago today, Jacksonville received its largest snow accumulation ... anyone wanna join in the long gray beard contest for the next one ... :eek:o_O

@Tarheel1 you know it’s toast when the WedgeV3 gives you rain. This model is good for something after all. My algorithm is you take the southern extent of the wedge and shift it north 800 miles and there’s your ice storm
4F5692B7-3AA3-4856-962F-0395BDC3CACC.gif

Back