• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

And its snowing yet again. If i could send some snow south I would !
Remember last year when you Said it was real cold in Richmond but not a lot of snow. I believe I told you to wait a few years of living there and that you’d get a lot more then last year. This year looks like it’s been a more normal year for snow up there. A lot of places south of you got more snow last season but that sure isn’t the case this year.

Both of the major ice storms in Augusta in my lifetime (although as I've said, I was away at college for the second one) were with borderline 30-32 degree temps and a day or two of recent mild temps. Yet both of them, especially 2014 were devastating. It's not impossible to have a bad ice storm with it merely hanging around 31, as I observed it happen from my dorm a few hours away from home not too long ago. By late at night, with me knowing the ice that had already accreted, I was thinking "Make. It. Stop." when I looked at the radar and more freezing rain was falling.

They might have switched to sleet based off of my avatar right now after all (I never thought so but thinking about that picture and comparing to January 2011, I actually do think so now that I'm typing this) but it was too little, too late, damage already done.

I had been having a great day today. I decided after initially saying no, to take up the offer of going up to Marcos Pizza, one of my favorite pizza places, and while my mom had a hair appointment, I split one of their small pizzas with my dad. After that, since it was a nice day, although I had been seeing pop up showers (yep, in February!), I decided to head over to the Phinizy Swamp to take a long walk. I went over a mile, it was hot, my legs were starting to feel like jello, but it was another worthwhile secret venture by me, and after that I rested at home.

And yet, while I had been having a great day, my mom ended up being diagnosed with a small breast cancer (they went from the hair appointment to get the results on a breast biopsy).

Who waved the bad luck wand on us since last May?

I had been having a great day today. I decided after initially saying no, to take up the offer of going up to Marcos Pizza, one of my favorite pizza places, and while my mom had a hair appointment, I split one of their small pizzas with my dad. After that, since it was a nice day, although I had been seeing pop up showers (yep, in February!), I decided to head over to the Phinizy Swamp to take a long walk. I went over a mile, it was hot, my legs were starting to feel like jello, but it was another worthwhile secret venture by me, and after that I rested at home.

And yet, while I had been having a great day, my mom ended up being diagnosed with a small breast cancer (they went from the hair appointment to get the results on a breast biopsy).

Prayers with your family, little lady ...

I guess it's a safe bet that no one is gonna forcast a below normal winter for the southeast for a few years no matter what lol (well maybe JB)

Its no different than saying it's going to rain bc you have mud puddles in your yard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It was a subtle jab. Jimmy isn’t the instigator. He’s the closer

Best to your mom!

So someone donated something interesting to goodwill lol. Idk if I'm allowed to post a pic of it, I'll send one to a mod so they can see if anyone wants to.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

I’m putting my “mud puddle 10 day no snow” theory to the test. @SD says it might have legs!
GOT EM!1!11
b3452c624fd70d5ad901ff7b1d2d5df0.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back