• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Sounds good. Someone can make it under the "Everything Else" section if they'd like.
I'd do it and move all these post over there but I really need to get back to work Lol.... might be cool to see if there's a group of people interesting in "lose weight pact" or something like that. You know follow up, check status, might be fun.... might be dumb too. Lol

Well that's good to know that I'm likely stuck with a belly. :rolleyes:

I don't diet, but I have a good bit of self control. For example, when I was out with a friend and had lunch, they give too many fries with what I ordered. Instead of me eating all of them, I ate what I wanted and threw the rest away. My friend commented about it and said "I wouldn't be able to do what you just did".

Well that's good to know that I'm likely stuck with a belly. :rolleyes:

I don't diet, but I have a good bit of self control. For example, when I was out with a friend and had lunch, they give too many fries with what I ordered. Instead of me eating all of them, I ate what I wanted and threw the rest away. My friend commented about it and said "I wouldn't be able to do what you just did".

five guys burgers? their gimmick is giving way too many fries. lol

I’m 6’3 and 220. Workout at the gym 5x a week. Eat like **** though. Addicted to food, and bad food at that lol. Drink pretty much only water. Cookout gets the best of me far too often smh!

five guys burgers? their gimmick is giving way too many fries. lol

Nah, it's a wings place in the mall that I don't think is national. I think most places give too many fries. If I'm not with my dad and I'm out and about, I end up throwing them away, and sometimes it's more than just a few. Heck I've thrown half a Zaxby's meal away because I didn't want the chicken strips (I tried to make it clear that I wanted the wings meal but she thought I was meaning wings and things) and when I talked about it my dad said "you could have brought those with you and we could've fed the dog and cats with the food you didn't eat".

Zaxby's is soooo good. My general weekly diet consists of Bojangle's (at least 2x), Taco Bell, Zaxby's or Arby's, a local sub place, Outback, Snoopy's (local hotdog place), and usually either pizza or hamburgers. Sometimes, we eat in. For beverages, mostly sweet tea, Mountain Dew, coffee with lots of sugar and cream, and Diet Coke. Occasionally, I force water upon myself. I could probably do a bit better.

During the spring and summer, I run 2-3 miles 5 or 6 days a week. From sometime in November though sometime in March, I don't do much of that. I will hit the weight room at work once in a while, if my shoulder holds up.

About to be 45, 6'3", 190. Probably going to try to focus on eating somewhat better this year.

Zaxby's is soooo good. My general weekly diet consists of Bojangle's (at least 2x), Taco Bell, Zaxby's or Arby's, a local sub place, Outback, Snoopy's (local hotdog place), and usually either pizza or hamburgers. Sometimes, we eat in. For beverages, mostly sweet tea, Mountain Dew, coffee with lots of sugar and cream, and Diet Coke. Occasionally, I force water upon myself. I could probably do a bit better.
Outback ?

I play all sports lol, 6,2 164 ILB, although my favorite is basketball/soccer but I can moss in football, my eating habits are unhealthy af

During the spring and summer, I run 2-3 miles 5 or 6 days a week. From sometime in November though sometime in March, I don't do much of that. I will hit the weight room at work once in a while, if my shoulder holds up.

About to be 45, 6'3", 190. Probably going to try to focus on eating somewhat better this year.
No red bull?

I drink pretty much nothing but water, eat lots of veggies and fruits, and try to limit my carb intake. I rarely eat fast food and hardly ever go out to eat. I do eat sweets which is my weakness.

3ebd5b53058297d317971183fdf91e43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For everyone though, outside just Keto.. sugar and (too many) carbs is bad. Make smarter choices to stay away from that "extra size of fries" and watch your calorie intake daily and you're good.

For example, an obese person can literally loose hundreds of pounds just by eating one pizza per day. It's not the best choice, and I would not recommend it at all, but a calorie defecit vs what you require is the #1 key to start using extra fat as energy.

Figure out your BMI and pick a healthy calorie defecit and you can just eat at or under that number and not feel like you're starving if you do it right. My advice is to mix in 3 days or excercise, and don't ever look at something like the "1200 a day calorie diet". You're more likely to fail a strict diet like that and feel hungry.

The idea is to enjoy foods and life still, even cheat sometimes.. but own up that you had a cheat day and take a walk or jog for an extra 30 minutes to make up for it. If you set out to make it work, you'll be just fine.

Yes, it is absolutely a mass balance equation. Calories out must be greater than calories in. This can be accomplished solely with diet, but I'd argue it is easier (and more fun) with exercise and a reasonable diet.

I only drink 2 things all week, coffee and water (coffee black for me). But I've read and unfortunately I think it's true, the caffeine in coffee actually causes sugar cravings. Maybe it's more psychological instead of physiological but I notice it
So caffeine is good in moderation and every person has their own limits. As long as you stay below your limit (whatever that is) it is great for you and your should not see any increased cravings. If you go over that limit, you body will produce cortisol which is bad stuff. It is what gives you that craving for sugar and carbs as it jacks up your insulin levels and destroys testosterone in men an estrogen in women. It is telling your body to store energy as fat as the body is under stress.

Okay I'll genuinely be honest here, unless something catches my eye in the threads, I've been taking a break from going to my main model site. I'll probably be back after this week though lol.

Yes, it is absolutely a mass balance equation. Calories out must be greater than calories in. This can be accomplished solely with diet, but I'd argue it is easier (and more fun) with exercise and a reasonable diet.
I do disagree a little. Our bodies are not perfect thermodynamic machines. If you do enter ketosis (body using fat as fuel as opposed to glucose) you actually urinate out Ketone bodies and you also breath them out. So our bodies are wasting energy. Also Insulin will force our bodies into conservation mode and store more energy that would normally be burned.

Back