• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

For everyone though, outside just Keto.. sugar and (too many) carbs is bad. Make smarter choices to stay away from that "extra size of fries" and watch your calorie intake daily and you're good.

For example, an obese person can literally loose hundreds of pounds just by eating one pizza per day. It's not the best choice, and I would not recommend it at all, but a calorie defecit vs what you require is the #1 key to start using extra fat as energy.

Figure out your BMI and pick a healthy calorie defecit and you can just eat at or under that number and not feel like you're starving if you do it right. My advice is to mix in 3 days or excercise, and don't ever look at something like the "1200 a day calorie diet". You're more likely to fail a strict diet like that and feel hungry.

The idea is to enjoy foods and life still, even cheat sometimes.. but own up that you had a cheat day and take a walk or jog for an extra 30 minutes to make up for it. If you set out to make it work, you'll be just fine.
Caloric intake is huge no pun intended..... that's the main issue. And my brownie I'm working on now isn't helping. I've been a runner for over 12 years and hit a slump over the holidays like never before. In the last several weeks finally getting back to it like I should, but even running 3 or 4 times a week (any exercise) if you don't watch the calories and use some self control, it's a mute point. I've seen people that run 20 miles a week continue to gain weight, because they never alter their diet at all. Their body adapted to it and before you know it you have an overweight runner, it happens.

Nutrionists, reddit, and various websites have great recipes and meal plans laid out. You'll more commonly see ones specific to 1800 calories and 2000 calories, but you could just substitute some things in and out to reach that 1900 goal based off what you stumble across.
I love the myfitnesspal app, it helps you determine your caloric intake based on your goals, then you literally log every single morsel of food you consume to track those calories. It's time consuming at first but with the history and it's database over time logging foods become quick and easy (you can scan barcodes too). Very effective for me anyway

I have a vertical climber I bought just sitting in the corner. that thing destroys me.. but I've got to change my lifestyle around. I'm not overweight or anything, but the years of alcohol (beer epsecially) and lack of overall good eating habits are starting to take a toll on me.
I played football and was in really good football shape until after college. Then work and life and it was on. 2 years ago I read the 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss and it was life changing. I did his diet for a year and lost 50 pounds and then went Keto and lost another 50 pounds. I now do Keto IF and have an eating window of 8 to 1 hour depending on the day. I lift 3 days a week for 30 mins and never been stronger. I do one set and lift until failure. I have also turned myself into a human experiment and love it. Try different things and eating plans. It is just fun to do while doing the research.

I played football and was in really good football shape until after college. Then work and life and it was on. 2 years ago I read the 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss and it was life changing. I did his diet for a year and lost 50 pounds and then went Keto and lost another 50 pounds. I lift 3 days a week for 30 mins and never been stronger. I do one set and lift until failure. I have also turned myself into a human experiment and love it. Try different things and eating plans. It is just fun to do while doing the research.

Did you elminate red meat? I forget if his book suggested that or not.

I don't care about having a lot of muscles and being ripped. I really just want a flat , stomach again. That is where all my extra weight is.
I hear ya Brick! I don’t want ripped /pretty muscle!i just want bulk , like road warriors or Sid vicious ! Or the guys in the stongmen competitions! Being 6’6” 1/2 and 275 lbs, is a good start! Just need to put on 30lbs of muscle mass, but that might hurt my golf swing!?

Nope. I eat a lot of red meat but it is grass fed and grass finished. lots of organic free range eggs and bacon from whole foods as well.

Eggs still aren't given the mainstream credit they're worth when it comes to feeling full and getting good proteins, even with eating the whole boiled thing, lol.
A lot of focus on "egg whites" these days.

I don't care about having a lot of muscles and being ripped. I really just want a flat stomach again. That is where all my extra weight is.
If you do Intermediate fasting, that would help a lot. It will keep your insulin low so you can enter ketosis for at least part of the day.

Eggs still aren't given the mainstream credit they're worth when it comes to feeling full and getting good proteins, even with eating the whole boiled thing, lol.
A lot of focus on "egg whites" these days.
Egg maybe the most perfect food when it comes to nutrition. lots of Omega 3 fatty acids and cholesterol (it is actually really good for you).

Coffee and water are great to do intermediately through the week to help boost weight loss. Both liquids are very good, but coffee helps curb the hunger wolf for a good chunk of the day, and it boosts your metabolism.

Cream and sugars added to your coffee makes it bad, though.

In fact, you guys would be amazed what just getting 64 ounces of pure water through your day will do for your health, the way you feel, and other weight issues/complications. :)

Coffee and water are great to do intermediately through the week to help boost weight loss. Both liquids are very good, but coffee helps curb the hunger wolf for a good chunk of the day, and it boosts your metabolism.
yep. just avoid the cream and sugar if possible. If you need cream go half and half.

I fasted for 7 days last summer and it was great. I am planning on doing the same this summer and next year do a water fast for 4 weeks. If you only knew how much time I have wasted on this researching and such.

I don't care about having a lot of muscles and being ripped. I really just want a flat stomach again. That is where all my extra weight is.
Agreed. No matter how much weight I've lost over the years I can't seem to get that flat stomach back...... it's said stress has a lot to that with that and stress is something that isn't in short supply in my line of work.

Agreed. No matter how much weight I've lost over the years I can't seem to get that flat stomach back...... it's said stress has a lot to that with that and stress is something that isn't in short supply in my line of work.

The stomach area is the hardest and last place to lose from. Cutting carbs / beer /sugars out is a major key for that area. Ab workouts and crunches won't do much, in my research and experience.

Working large muscle groups out, like your legs can accelerate the process.

Cream and sugars added to your coffee makes it bad, though.
I only drink 2 things all week, coffee and water (coffee black for me). But I've read and unfortunately I think it's true, the caffeine in coffee actually causes sugar cravings. Maybe it's more psychological instead of physiological but I notice it

Back