• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

It all depends on you body goal. Some guys want muscles and some want to be lean and ripped and some just want to be thinner. Your diet and sleep is more important then your work out or activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care about having a lot of muscles and being ripped. I really just want a flat stomach again. That is where all my extra weight is.

I was a personal trainer while in College. I was ripped and looks good. Maybe that’s how I was able to marry a UGA Cheerleader but now that I’m 33 with soon to be 3 kids it’s over. I’ve accepted he while dad bod thing. I just stay away from mirror and old pics. Oh well getting older sucks.

“ it’s over “

There are a lot of food options. It's a popular "lifestyle" versus a quick diet because it works. Not much changes, it's a case where something like bacon turns out to be better to eat for you versus french fries/potatoes.

The internet is full of free resources, youtube videos, and there are a few very good books on Amazon. But overall, yeah you cut the carbs.. limit what carbs you take in daily.. but it's not the "no carb diet" that was so popular.

Like instead of going to Bojangles and getting a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, I can just get a side of eggs and bacon. :D

giphy.gif

Man y'all suck..... there's this little coffee shop right across the street from my office, they have the best salted caramel cookies I've ever eaten and now thanks to all this food talk. BRB

#dadbodlife

Flat stomach is all about you diet. The body stores sugar in one place and one place only. The belly.

I don't really eat sweets that much. I do have a glass or two of sweet tea a day. But it's probably carbs that I get most of the sugar.

Like instead of going to Bojangles and getting a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, I can just get a side of eggs and bacon. :D

Yeah. Of course, calories matter. You may want to try and figure out your macronutrients needed, BMI, body fat %s etc to figure those numbers out. The idea is to put your body in a state of ketosis, where from my reading, your body burns fats through your liver first and then goes into your fat reserves. You piling carbs up (that are used first usually) and sugars (that lead to massive fat gain) is a thing of the past with Keto.

I don't really eat sweets that much. I do have a glass or two of sweet tea a day. But it's probably carbs that I get most of the sugar.

Yea abs have always been the hardest part to train for me because of the calories I eat to build muscle. That’s why you see the body builder with a swollen gut. It’s do to high calorie intake and HGH.

Ever look into Keto as a lifestyle change? Not as much gym, can eat a lot of good foods (even bacon!) and it's fairly easy to manage/do.

The worst part is you need to cut the majority of beer out. Vodkas are okay, being low on the carb thing.
My dad and fiancé both are on the Keto diet. My dad has lost 25lbs and no longer has to take cholesterol medicine. Seems legit

For everyone though, outside just Keto.. sugar and (too many) carbs is bad. Make smarter choices to stay away from that "extra size of fries" and watch your calorie intake daily and you're good.

For example, an obese person can literally loose hundreds of pounds just by eating one pizza per day. It's not the best choice, and I would not recommend it at all, but a calorie defecit vs what you require is the #1 key to start using extra fat as energy.

Figure out your BMI and pick a healthy calorie defecit and you can just eat at or under that number and not feel like you're starving if you do it right. My advice is to mix in 3 days or excercise, and don't ever look at something like the "1200 a day calorie diet". You're more likely to fail a strict diet like that and feel hungry.

The idea is to enjoy foods and life still, even cheat sometimes.. but own up that you had a cheat day and take a walk or jog for an extra 30 minutes to make up for it. If you set out to make it work, you'll be just fine.

For everyone though, outside just Keto.. sugar and (too many) carbs is bad. Make smarter choices to stay away from that "extra size of fries" and watch your calorie intake daily and you're good.

For example, an obese person can literally loose hundreds of pounds just by eating one pizza per day. It's not the best choice, and I would not recommend it at all, but a calorie defecit vs what you require is the #1 key to start using extra fat as energy.

Figure out your BMI and pick a healthy calorie defecit and you can just eat at or under that number and not feel like you're starving if you do it right. My advice is to mix in 3 days or excercise, and don't ever look at something like the "1200 a day calorie diet". You're more likely to fail a strict diet like that and feel hungry.

The idea is to enjoy foods and life still, even cheat sometimes.. but own up that you had a cheat day and take a walk or jog for an extra 30 minutes to make up for it. If you set out to make it work, you'll be just fine.

I am trying to stick to around 1900 calories a day.

I am trying to stick to around 1900 calories a day.

Nutrionists, reddit, and various websites have great recipes and meal plans laid out. You'll more commonly see ones specific to 1800 calories and 2000 calories, but you could just substitute some things in and out to reach that 1900 goal based off what you stumble across.

Back