• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

@GaWx , I can't seem to find the data currently.. do you happen to know the amount of ice that occured for the CAE area in Feb of 1969?

On 2/15-16, CAE received a variety of wintry precip from 1.11” of liquid equivalent including 0.8” of IP/SN. So there easily could have been the better part of an inch ZR meaning perhaps a good 1/2” of damaging ice accrural on trees.

I ageee, personal attacks are not for this weather board. I'm here for many good reasons, the main reason I'm here is to learn and listen and be positive about things and love weather. Sure we all say things time to time and we also get frustrated of how things go, but that's far as I'm taking it. I agree with your post, this I isn't a talk show or the soaps nor the place to lay down criticism one to another. I appreciate you and other MODs who weed out the ugly and clean house. Im a manager at my work, when something is out of line, I fix it and when it's fix, problem solved. Only to become a better place, so others can enjoy there happiness

Last edited by a moderator:
On 2/15-16, CAE received a variety of wintry precip from 1.11” of liquid equivalent including 0.8” of IP/SN. So there easily could have been the better part of an inch ZR meaning perhaps a good 1/2” of damaging ice accrural on trees.

I came across a local newspaper article about it being a very bad ice storm around here, maybe our equivilant to the Jan. 1973 fiasco in ATL.

I also came across this amazing post by Robert about the event, although focused much on the NC area and the actual snowfall, he had generated and scanned some wonderful maps & local newspaper clippings, along with some handwritten observations:

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/30861-february-1969-foothillspiedmont-deep-snowstorm/

I came across a local newspaper article about it being a very bad ice storm around here, maybe our equivilant to the Jan. 1973 fiasco in ATL.

I also came across this amazing post by Robert about the event, although focused much on the NC area and the actual snowfall, he had generated and scanned some wonderful maps & local newspaper clippings, along with some handwritten observations:

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/30861-february-1969-foothillspiedmont-deep-snowstorm/

I need to do this map over again at some point to get the formatting similar to the hundreds I've posted on my site (https://www.webberweather.com/) but this is what it looked like in NC.
February 15-17 1969 NC Snowmap.png

When you redo it, will you please move all of the bright colored areas to the right about 150 miles?

Lol u wish :p

The far SW piedmont & southern mountains bullseye happens from time to time in the observed record. A similar storm to Feb 1969 struck in Dec 1971 but there was more mixed precipitation in the Charlotte area.

December 3-4 1971 NC Snowmap.png

giphy.gif

Back