Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
4 days of mid 70s for us all on fv3 next week....

Ground temps will be ROASTING. It would take a monster ice or even snow storm after that to accumulate anything.
Rates overcome ground temps, all day, everyday! We get our best snows after a week or two in the 70s

So if we finish winter as a whole at +5, JB will have busted by 10 degrees seasonally?? That’s horrible! If you just go 0 to +5, every winter in the South, you’d look like a genius the last 7,8,10 years! Make it stop!!

Just for levity and perhaps to bring a chuckle ...

Art Collector

A New York Attorney representing a wealthy art collector phoned and asked to speak to his client, "Saul, I have some good news and I have some bad news."

The art collector replied, "I've had an awful day, let me hear the good news first."

The Attorney said, "Well, I met with your wife today and she informed me that she invested $5,000 in two pictures which she thinks will bring a minimum of $15-20 million. I think she could be right."

Saul replied enthusiastically, "Well done! My wife is a brilliant businesswoman! You've just made my day. Now I know I can handle the bad news. What is it?"

The Attorney replied, "The pictures are of you and your secretary."

I pray to God that nobody brings up winter forecasts next year. I mean they are completely pointless.
If you forecast the coldest anomalies over the northern plains and the warmest in the southeast, you’re more than likely going to at least have the general placement correct. Then, it becomes just a matter of magnitude, which should always be above normal in the SE. Anything else is complete nonsense.

It’s become quite obvious that you can be really smart and issue whatever kind of winter forecast you want, based on research, knowledge, experience, intuition, magic 8 ball, oijua board, or terot cards, but you can’t outthink the persistence of the pattern. The bottom line is, it’s going to be warm and you’re going to be wrong if you predict otherwise.