• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Seeing the talk about video games yesterday just made me miss the age of innocence days for me. I no longer play console games, but I used to a lot up to 2013. I'm actually listening to a track from one of those games.

Unfortunately a situation in a game community turned me off of games and at this point I'm unlikely to go back. I got so addicted to a game but there was many issues that went on in that community, and it was frustrating.

Btw: literally how on those maps. I guess 13-14 and February '15 got cancelled out with ease. Then again I was just talking yesterday about how I had 20s in Rome, GA with it not really being early in the month, home was pretty cold too, and yet that's been it since then.

Last edited:
It’s funny in that even with all the warmth before this winter 3 of the last 4 where great for snow here. Then again if this one stays as is it’ll be the worst 2 out 3 winters I’ve had.
It's possible even if February is overall warm we could still get a thread the needle event. I believe that's our only hope now, though

The icon looks loaded at the end of its run! Moisture pooling in TX, 1047 in Wisconsin! 10,11th gonna be lit!

I'm starting to wonder if we will ever have another February that's below normal. The last two were the definition of abysmal and this one is looking to be just as bad.
I'm starting to wonder if we will ever have a winter that's not La Nina again. This is the THIRD La Nina in a row, even though it's SUPPOSED to be El Nino

So much false hope in the February thread. I’m joining the dark side because it’s now time to chase tornadoes. I don’t think I’ll see measurable snow for another 5 years.
If that SE ridge continues it could be an active spring. Unless of course by March or April the ridge gets so strong we end up in a dry dome.

Outside of the fact that there's been virtually no snow chances for most of the board during this winter, the sheer lack of cold weather has also been just demoralizing. I live much further South than most posters on here, but I still generally always have a night every winter that involves a temperature below twenty degrees and a day that stays below forty degrees. The lowest that I've recorded all winter long is 23 and the coolest day time high has been above forty five degrees. While this winter hasn't torched to the point of 2016/2017, it's certainly been one that has been the definition of frustrating.

Didn't everyone say the Icon sucked because it had the majority of the precipitation as rain for the last event?

Hm.

Back