• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Could be worse

I don't know, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 all mostly sucked here, but at least one thing they had in common is we at least had a dusting of snow or more on the ground before February 1st. lol

I don't know, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 all mostly sucked here, but at least one thing they had in common is we at least had a dusting of snow or more on the ground before February 1st. lol
I don't recall there being a dusting of snow on the ground before Feb 1st in 2011-12.

As long as that ice on the FV3 (that came back) stays North of here, we good!

Can't believe how much colder it is up in northern VA today compared to central NC. They are getting snow flurries with temps in the low 20s while we are well into the upper 50s with mostly sunshine. Amazing how much easier it is to get snow and cold temps in VA compared to NC!
That’s kind of how it is here in northern Tennessee compared to northern, central and eastern Kentucky. Yes I get more snow then most here but if you look at say Louisville compared to here it is amazing at how much better they have done over the years. Literally if I was just 135 miles or so north the snow Lover in me would be more then satisfied each winter. And if you compare the actual city of Nashville to Louisville it’s not even the same ballpark.

As much as I want to call winter off, I can't help but remember how at one point this weekend was supposed to be cold and potentially snowy and now it's 60s lol. Just goes to show that just because models show lots of warmer air and rain the next few weeks doesn't mean it can't flip again. On the same token though, we're burning through the remainder of winter pretty fast so that window is starting to get smaller as the weeks pass by.

I wonder if I actually jinxed this winter, because (not making this up) last April I asked for a sign in that if it's time for me to give up my weather hobby, for us not to get any snow this winter.

Back