• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

Rant time, although unrelated to weather.

I hate all types of dementia. Now that my grandma declined fairly rapidly into it (or so we thought), it makes me think about the going ons of the holiday season in 2017 and before then and it makes me feel I do have somewhat of a woman's intuition, I was just shy about stepping up and really saying anything. There was two things that I remember before the snap event that was the last straw that led to her agreeing to go into an assisted living home. One was my aunt got her an iPhone and was trying to teach her how to use the more advanced things about it. Yet when I wanted to take pictures on it, she was saying no, let's learn how to together. Now, I have been using Apple products for years and knew it was likely as easy to take a picture on it as the iPad. But she kept insisting on no, I don't want you to mess the phone up, when I knew I wouldn't (and I picked it up just to look and yes, it would've been easy to take a picture). The second event was involving a candy that my mom wanted me to make for Christmas. When she went to the website my mom found it on, she got redirected to malware and in retrospect when I was talking to my mom about that this year while we were out, while I didn't know it then, I realized that it was in her thoughts that anything related to that recipe=malware then. I tried very hard to insist on using my iPad for that recipe instead of printing it out, finding a recipe that was exactly the same on a different website, but gave up and made something else.

The snap event involved a scam caller faking as my younger cousin that needed something for whatever. Unlike the time where a different one called faking as me, she bit on that one, and it really worried us. Not long after that event, it was decided while they were down in Florida that she needed to go to an assisted living home.

At that point, I didn't think there was much that was wrong, but thinking about it, it all connects and there was indeed something wrong. And it became fully evident in October.

Rant over. Needed to let it out for actually an unrelated reason.

60-65 degrees and sunny like it has been today will be fine the rest of the winter as far as I’m concerned. However, it would be nice to get a good snow before all is said and done but that just doesn’t appear likely anytime soon. I gotta get my boat ready!

Can't believe how much colder it is up in northern VA today compared to central NC. They are getting snow flurries with temps in the low 20s while we are well into the upper 50s with mostly sunshine. Amazing how much easier it is to get snow and cold temps in VA compared to NC!

How did all the EPSs turn out? Guessing not very well.

Can't believe how much colder it is up in northern VA today compared to central NC. They are getting snow flurries with temps in the low 20s while we are well into the upper 50s with mostly sunshine. Amazing how much easier it is to get snow and cold temps in VA compared to NC!

I dressed warm today thinking we would struggle to get out of the 40's and I was hot just now walking outside, feels great. Someone said when we hit 70F we snow a week later...getting ready to test that theory this weekend.

Sun Angle FTW

Back