• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

All I’m saying if there is snow in the forecast there is not reason to wait until 5am day of to make that call.
Agree and while I'm not saying anyone on here or pointing fingers at anyone on here, but in many of those cities where decisions like this are made and then it doesn't happen, the same one's complaining about schools being canceled will be the same one's suing if something happened. @DarkKnight hit the nail on the head, in this litigation world we live in you cannot be too cautious and honestly it surprises me that we still have these debates. @Tarheel1 mentioned in his area buses are on the road by 5 am, same thing around here, especially in large counties. I mean let's not forget because we need diverse schools some of these kids are bused for miles and miles (so yeah they are out early) and a 5 am call is too late. Geez the amount of complaining over some snow happening or not and the amount of armchair quarterbacking because everyone knows better than anyone else what's best for other's children's safety is annoying. Forgive me..... I'm down right irritable and I'll admit it, but one can only stomach so much complaining and griping. Remember us biased and inconsistent egotistical mods have to read every single post (don't get to use ignore) because we have to, well you know moderate, and it gets old.

Sorry @deltadog03 didn't mean to use your comment to off on a tangent Lol

I think a lot of it is the parents. First mention of snow and they start hammering the school board with the same old questions over and over. They need or should I say they demand an answer as soon as possible so they can make plans for childcare. I’ve read post after post on our school FB page with parents demanding a decision by a certain time so they could find a babysitter if needed.

I'll leave this here....This was only 12hrs ago smdh.
A5mGo9F.gif

Frontal snows and back loaded winters always brings excitement

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Frontal snow almost always trends down in the models in the last 12 hours or so. That's a big tell that it's mostly fake weather.

I'm so glad I was high on cough meds to not give a rat's ass. Bring on flip flop weather. Might as well embrace the humidity that will show up in 6 weeks. Unless that stupid rodent tells us otherwise.

Back