• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

TWC hit copy/paste for their 15 day forecast
rP9gC1qz2-xLHkc1YjYhv2QgMCsGOyFGJq_ayFYgSGhw3ZpMgDc8ZEYCqMZC_i58wJXfxewh-PRXMH1CbMeCd6GwXw_mttWCJXpnLPuaaPs0KEhtHeas6L0TxWt8RYf1Yq6tUFbtduFk1OP0lYh8CFDOqqNv3JiJ2vS3W-sEKHBmm_3yaIPzdFj3cqV9fWbFgJbQ5Nk9H50Hqq0K8mhb2J2zHltOkeVaeETCDI7KQcwzrryB3AG1P61uQD_bHUuaJDMHXOtZ3iwaoLKQnI4uCKwDHYo0ximA2CSTUHvMbEn70XNeHtURYXPFCexMfuvQotAMp8X8le9tU9r4ymn9haHr4VUWT-aIxRMaeneMs_5yWZ7hOAlIDQxRN3W5Q54e7IK5phlZR0uk4FI2KaKPrbjFnbM4hOYXQp0XZWfGMZ4e7c3orq3IKdJJVa0skXoQPTwi8VZInnEOkvg4OijRLUIaXDf0xuDV5QKjvVPVIRNEfLrmsYgtNEHEvofQOh2x5K_9V4d4ozbwP0VoVVkrMpdcef1Fh8q2uDvSeheP7OpXPETgRPgzE93SO-pNX8Kmv2q5jxDGACNCUCGJA-SqB9BWq79dsv4896q61oEVUt_nZoSvxtemburKHjF6lZGwCB9VZTLkIlZ2xvWr6xosUHlB=w832-h551-no
The south new normal.

It's simple. You wait till the morning of around 5am to make the call. By then the radar and model trends should pretty much tell you all you need to know. If still too close, then go ahead and shut it down. This morning it was very apparent by 5am that this wasnt gonna work out for many.

Ok i'm done .
Common sense is a thing of the past.

The weather has changed. We don’t even get fall or spring like we used too. Either cool and wet. Or. Hot and dry.
Seriously!! It seems like summer is like 10 months long, then you have 2 months of not hot as summer, and that’s it!

I just want to see the models ramp way up at 12z and panic ensue only to fail tonight

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
12z 12k nam is off to a bad start.

That’s inaccurate. I lived it. My Father was a school principal and I remember many times when school was cancelled or not the morning of. I can remember going to school 2 times one January when there was snow on the ground but none on the roads.
Here in my county, busses start their runs at 5 AM

That’s inaccurate. I lived it. My Father was a school principal and I remember many times when school was cancelled or not the morning of. I can remember going to school 2 times one January when there was snow on the ground but none on the roads.
Well that might be your district. Either way, it would be stupid (IMHO) to wait until 5 am the morning of the event to see if you should close school or not.
The truth is now... everything is judge differently now and if someone gets a little cut on their finger your going to get your ass sued!!! That’s why schools are afraid to let them go. Afraid about being sued by money hungry people.
Why you think they have the commercial now. “In a wreck need a check”!!!

So give delta a break...

Thing is you can’t wait until 5am day of to make that call for schools. That’s too late. Do we all forget that school do build into there schedules for weather days.
Your exactly right Chris, our district only has 3 weeks until winter break and winter break can be used for makeup days. I think the talk of a freeze over played a lot in the decision making, Ive heard more about plummeting temps than the threat of an inch of snow. Easier to go ahead and use a day.

The truth is now... everything is judge differently now and if someone gets a little cut on their finger your going to get your ass sued!!! That’s why schools are afraid to let them go. Afraid about being sued by money hungry people.
Why you think they have the commercial now. “In a wreck need a check”!!!

So give delta a break...

Does SER understand the Midwest cancels school if there is a chances of tornados when TWC hypes tornado outbreaks? Does it always happen? No but like you said you have to be safe and not sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have went with one inch at the very most, this setup didn't argue for anything more than that and idk why so many mets went all in w/ WSWs and 2-4" because this clearly didn't support it. Would have been a completely different story if a legitimate wave of low pressure developed on the front and slung moisture back into the cold air, increasing the intensity & duration as well as areal coverage of the snow but that obviously wasn't going to happen.

The problem as well is everyone kept posting those stupid precip type/QPF maps as if they were radar. That used to happen years ago to a lesser extent with the 6 hr to 12hr QPF map/0C 850mb. Everyone needs to be aware about what they are posting and what that chart actually means.

As I said earlier, I am not salty at all and I went to bed early last night because my expectations was dirt low. I was pleased with some models showing something, but needed a miracle. It was a bad setup from the start and as Webb said, we needed the low and didn't get it and this needed a miracle.

Its a stinger and a good learning experience for many. Expecting cold air to be as deep as modeled in a setup like this will fail every time.

Here in my county, busses start their runs at 5 AM

You must be in VERY rural area for buses to be starting that early, but either way it’s still simple. The Superintendent communicates with local authorities to check road conditions and then make a decision.

All I’m saying if there is snow in the forecast there is not reason to wait until 5am day of to make that call.

Sure there is, you save days like today or days when it may accumulate on grassy areas but not pavement.

Yea back when I was in middle and high school I use to wake up and ask parents if we had school or not. School never made decision until the morning before. Would always go to sleep the night before hoping lol.

You must be in VERY rural area for buses to be starting that early, but either way it’s still simple. The Superintendent communicates with local authorities to check road conditions and then make a decision.

Sure there is, you save days like today or days when it may accumulate on grassy areas but not pavement.
They actually have an “ice” team of higher ups that go check road conditions theirselves around 3-4 AM. We are the biggest district in the state, why they have to start busses early, we don’t live in Bumfuq

Back