• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

I enjoy each and every post I read on here. Admittedly, I have the most interest in Webb, 1300, SD, etc that are thorough and most insightful in their analysis, and knowledge. Without them we are merely reading snow maps. Having said that, other posters such as Brick bring a margin of comedy and weeniesm. Sure, it can make for a difficult roundtable discussion at times, but the average viewer, such as I, enjoy the dialogue that both the meteorologist and weenie create.

I enjoy each and every post I read on here. Admittedly, I have the most interest in Webb, 1300, SD, etc that are thorough and most insightful in their analysis, and knowledge. Without them we are merely reading snow maps. Having said that, other posters such as Brick bring a margin of comedy and weeniesm. Sure, it can make for a difficult roundtable discussion at times, but the average viewer, such as I, enjoy the dialogue that both the meteorologist and weenie create.
spot on!

giphy.gif
tenor.gif

I had to man. No offense lol ;)

I agree with the sentiment here, with a couple of caveats:

1) Tone doesn't travel well through cyberspace. Sometimes people type something or phrase something in a particular way on a computer screen that doesn't properly convey the sentiment in their head. I urge folks to try to read what they say before hitting reply and try and make sure, as best you can, not to say things in a way as to potentially come across in an offending manner, unless of course, that is your intent. Relating to this, mind people's posting history when trying to interpret what they're saying, at least a little. If they're generally nice, they're probably not trying to be mean or jab this time.

2) There is plenty of value in interaction between pros an novices. But let's try not to be stubbornly repetitive in our thoughts, feelings, or analysis. Saying the same thing over and over and over and over, even if you use different words, is frustrating. Please try to avoid that. If you hate operational models, or if you hate rain, for example, we get it. No need to repeat it.

I think just reviewing those two simple concepts would help.

So are we finally going to experience vodka cold? Asking for a friend...

ecmwf_z500_mslp_nhem_11.png

Yes yes this will verify..... there is snow to the E, N, W and S of the Carolina's (except mountains), yep take it to the bank. Lol

ecmwf_tsnow_se_41.png

Back