• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2019 Banter & Friendly Conservation

To add, for my area even if accumulations weren't recorded, I'll go back and check on this but before January 2000 where we began as snow with the Carolina Crusher (and off very vague memories, it was at least 3 inches of snow on the ground), I'm pretty sure the last significant snow event was in January 1992. That's 8 years there. There MIGHT have been an ice storm in between though. If you go by official recordings, which don't count it, I'm pretty sure it was close to 10 years (going to a storm everyone knows about in 2002).

To add, for my area even if accumulations weren't recorded, I'll go back and check on this but before January 2000 where we began as snow with the Carolina Crusher (and off very vague memories, it was at least 3 inches of snow on the ground), I'm pretty sure the last significant snow event was in January 1992. That's 8 years there. There MIGHT have been an ice storm in between though. If you go by official recordings, which don't count it, I'm pretty sure it was close to 10 years (going to a storm everyone knows about in 2002).
2000 Carolina crusher sorta began my love for weather, I was only 9 then but I don't remember much in the 90s, my parents and family members said it hardly snowed or did much at all during those Winters so I believe it. We do go through some painful stretches here in SC. The upstate though is like a different story altogether, seems as if the get a storm every year that's at least enough to make the ground white.

2000 Carolina crusher sorta began my love for weather, I was only 9 then but I don't remember much in the 90s, my parents and family members said it hardly snowed or did much at all during those Winters so I believe it. We do go through some painful stretches here in SC. The upstate though is like a different story altogether, seems as if the get a storm every year that's at least enough to make the ground white.
The 90s were terrible. Especially for music.

Well, its raining again (sigh) I really want a big snow, maybe we can hope one into existence ?

I’m really thinking about moving to Boone, tired of warm air advection killing big potential storms and plus it’s normally 20 degrees cooler there in winter and theres NW flow snow to add to that

Pardon my optimism but I think I’m buying what the king was selling at the end of the run. I just haven’t decided if it’s going to be “areas north of I85” yet..most likely, but I’ll let you know in the morning

Oh I know about 1992 simply based off me poking around in wunderground's history, since I wasn't born yet. I see several here that say otherwise, and I do buy that the earth is slowly warming (I talked about this in the happier thread), but based off history I can dig through, while there were stretches that were better, there has never consistently been a one time a year winter storm down here. I don't think it can get as stupidly cold anymore, but 09/10-13/14 might have mimicked like say for example 1988 to 1992.

I’m ready to play golf . Bring on a western trough that pumps heights over the southeast and brings me 70s !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I can agree with that 100%. I can't wait to get back on the golf course. Tiger starting his season next week will just make me that much more ready.

I’m ready to play golf . Bring on a western trough that pumps heights over the southeast and brings me 70s !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too much rain. My first golf tournament of the year is going to get rained out this weekend. We can’t win at anything

Back